BASIC PURPOSE: Directs and controls the activities of the Front Desk, Communications, Concierge, Housekeeping, Bell Staff and Driveway Staff. Supports other operational departments to include Security and Reservations. Acts as the senior manager in these departments when department head is unavailable. Assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Rooms in his/her absence. Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies.
1. Manages the Department Heads in the departments named above. Ensures thorough communications and follow-up on any problems, guest or employee request or special requirements, and hotel initiatives. Interviews, and trains the staff. Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed. (25%)
2. Reviews and monitors schedules of staff in all departments in the Rooms Division. Monitors their activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met. Inspects all areas of responsibility in the Rooms Division. (10%)
3. Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism,
accommodating special requests whenever possible. Will resolve complaints
in person, by phone or through written message. (10%).
4. Assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of
operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to
all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest
will be in person and by phone. (10%)
5. Assures that financial goals are being met. Monitors and controls labor
expense, and supplies/equipment expenses. Works closely with Reservations,
Sales and the Front Office to maximize rate, occupancy and total revenue.
Maintains close relationships with retail tenants and concessions to ensure
guest service standards are met along with revenue/expense targets. Assists
Director of Rooms in preparing Annual Budget. (10%)
6. Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and
well being of hotel guests and employees when senior managers are not
available. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety
7. Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules
and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact. (10%)
8. Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
9. Acts as the senior manager in the Rooms Division in the absence of the
Director. Assists the Director of Rooms in forecasting and budgeting of
revenues and expenses for all departments in the Rooms Division. (10%)
1. Assists with responsibilities and duties in the absence of or due to heavy
volume in any Rooms Division area.
2. Provides Crunch Team assistance throughout the hotel.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Skills and Abilities: Ability to read, write and English.
No. of employees supervised: Up to 8 directly, 100 indirectly on any particular
Travel required: Minimal; to provide assistance to other Four
Hours required: Ten hour shift; scheduled days and times
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf