Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans
Join a diverse and talented pre-opening team in New Orleans
We are seeking individuals who are warm, hospitable and start with the heart. The company's guiding principle is the Golden Rule – do unto others, as you would have them do unto you. Candidates will have an opportunity to be a part of a cohesive and dynamic team with opportunities to build a successful career. We empower our employees to be themselves, and become masters of their craft. At Four Seasons, we ensure that your employee experience is just as rewarding as our guest experience.
The role of the Banquet Chef
Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Kitchen Department responsible for preparing food for banquet functions while ensuring quality and consistency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified candidate will possess a passion for flawless service and the highest level of integrity and work ethic.
Essential Functions include:
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Kitchen’s cold food production area to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; daily activities and operational planning.
- Assist in the planning and development of menus for the hotel, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration, check and coordinate details of each banquet function according to banquet event order.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
- Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
About Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans
With a front and center location at the edge of Canal Street, Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans will introduce thoughtful, intelligent service to the Crescent City. Brought to you by masters of their craft, our landmark tower will be transformed when we open in the spring 2021. Guests will dine on innovative Louisiana cuisine, relax by our resort-style pool and plan their celebrations on our 34th floor observation deck boasting NOLA’s best views.
Named one of Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For over the past 22 years, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts can offer an opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential. Our employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service, personify our company culture.
A career with Four Seasons means working for a company where our Corporate Values are much more than a program or a policy; they define who we are and inform the decisions we make. Our benefits include complimentary hotel stays, competitive wages, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and complimentary meals. We strive to have a long-lasting, positive influence on the communities where we operate and on the people, we employ and serve around the world.
US work authorization is required
Position in property based in New Orleans
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
Learn more about Four Seasons:
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf