Executes all tasks assigned
by his/her superiors
Demonstrates a high degree of standards awareness
; promotes teamwork and acts as role model
Attends all scheduled training
Displays warmth, care and genuine enthusiasm when dealing with guests and internal customers;
lives the Golden Rule
Adheres to the hotel's code of conduct and grooming & hygiene standards
Actively participates in briefings and meetings
Maintains a clean and orderly work area and promotes a safe working environment
Performs any other cognate duties as and when required. Departmental
Perform carpentry work including but not limited to: furniture repair, levelling furniture, refinishing projects - building shelves, desks, platforms hanging and removing doors
Answer all technical requests received by telephone with respect of the Four Seasons Standards.
Handle work orders in a timely manner.
To respond to any repair and maintenance requests with speed and with minimum disturbance.
Keep all equipment in good repair by providing the day-to-day maintenance of the hotel under the direction of Engineering Management.
Hand over / Take-over of shift duties.
Attend briefing and meeting of engineering.
All methods, materials and practices must meet and be in accordance with Four Seasons specification, national codes and standard practices.
Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
Comply with all departmental compliance requirements as set forth by Human Resources.
Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee Handbook.
Fill in the daily communication report
- Possess skill in at least one of the following areas: varnishing, carpentry or upholstery
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in French/English languages
- Must be service oriented and be able to maintain Four Seasons Hotel Standard at all times
- Must be willing to perform shift work
- Minimum five years’ experience of working experience either with a reputable builder contractor.
- Experience of one year in the hotel industry would be an advantage