The new Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Nashville seeks a Director of Events & Event Services to join our talented pre-opening team! Don't miss this unique opportunity to join our team this Fall and be part of the world's leading luxury hotel company!
We are looking for a Director who will oversee all aspects of a service and profit driven Events department. This person will have strong leadership, interpersonal and analytical skills is able to prioritize and adapt to the changing needs of the operation, and can evidence having a solid work ethic, good business acumen and a passion for service. Prior experience in a mixed-use residential hotel is preferred.
The Director of Events & Event Services will demonstrate the following key characteristics:
- A minimum of five years experience in Event Sales
- A (4) year college/university degree (or equivalent)
- Previous experience as a Director a plus
- Great personal and business references required
- Excellent communication skills and a strong, innovative mindset
- Strong community relations
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of professionals
The Director of Events & Event Services is responsible for the:
- Supervision of the Directors/Assistant Directors and administrative staff in their day-to-day roles. Including maintaining and monitoring the accuracy and effectiveness of all written communications. These include but are not limited to: Banquet Event Orders, Resumes, Daily Events Report, Delphi Input Standards, and Guest at Leisure Reports.
- Review for accuracy and assign to the Conference Services Managers and Assistant Director all booking turnovers from the Sales Department.
- Prepare with analysis the weekly 3-Month financial forecast, month end financial summaries, and contribute to the annual Marketing Plan and Budget.
- Complete periodic audits of the Account and Booking Data in Delphi, to include but not exclusive to Conflict Report, Account Traces, Post Conference Reports.
- Evaluate current sales practices and make recommendations to maximize the profitability of the Events resources.
- Oversee the quarterly administration and seek new ways to motivate and maximize revenues with the Events Incentive plans.
- Finalize the requirements of personally booked or assigned Event bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event.
- Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when necessary head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel. Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep the Senior Director of Marketing and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning Event Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Conduct performance evaluations and mentor Assistant Directors, Event Services Managers, and Administrative Assistants to develop and prepare Managers and Staff for future promotion and possible transfer within Four Seasons.
- Facilitate and monitor training, recommend the hiring, terminating, or disciplining of any Events or Event Services employee.
- Respond according to the crisis management plan to any resort emergency or safety situation.
- Comply with Four Seasons standards for sales and marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee.
- Comply with Four Seasons Category One and Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and is a Department Head role.
About Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences Nashville
Nashville, a city of rich culture & home to Southern hospitality. Superb residences set high above the downtown buzz with far-reaching views of the Cumberland River and city skyline. 40 stories high, with 235 keys (42 suites) and 143 residence units the property is located in the upmarket neighborhood of SoBro where floor to ceiling windows provide unobstructed downtown panoramic views. The hotel will feature 19,200 sq ft of meeting space, a Mediterranean restaurant, a luxury spa
and an outdoor pool deck.
Currently operating 119 hotels and resorts, and 44 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in what we do.
What to Expect
Competitive Salary & Wages
401(k) Retirement Plan
Excellent Training and Development opportunities
Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
Complimentary Employee Meals
… and so much more!
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf