Director of Security
About the job
Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, Employer of Choice
“The reason for our success is no secret. It comes down to one single principle that transcends time and geography, religion, and culture. It’s the Golden Rule – the simple idea that if you treat people well, the way you would like to be treated, they will do the same.” – Isadore Sharp, Founder and Chairman Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts:
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us. At Four Seasons, our company values are much more than a program or a policy; they define who we are and inform the decisions we make. The company's guiding principle is the Golden Rule, and as such Four Seasons strives to have a long-lasting, positive influence on the communities where we operate and on the people we employ and serve around the world.
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail:
At the foot of Vail Mountain, you'll find Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, a contemporary landmark luxury hotel graced with European flair. Outside, peaked roofs draw their inspiration from the Gore mountain range, while inside, a light-filled ambience beckons. Nearby, alpine trails await.
Located in the heart of Vail Village, the Resort offers 121 spacious, well-appointed guest rooms and suites; an award winning full-service spa; a renowned mountain steakhouse, Flame; and a lively food and cocktail hotspot, The Remedy.
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail has received the industry’s most sought-after accolades, including Forbes Four-Star rating for the Resort.
The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees, people who share a single focus and are inspired to provide exceptional service. Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential. Passionate Four Seasons professionals ensure that every experience is unlike another, and every guest is the most important person in the room.
Director of Security, Full-Time / Regular:
Manage the Security team to ensure, resort, employee, and guest safety and security. Oversee the workers compensation claims, emergency response team, evacuation and response plans. Resolve employee and guest claims through thorough reporting and investigations. Respond to on-site emergencies. Train resort employees and management team on relevant best safety practices. This role has direct contact with employees and guest and as such good communication skills are a necessity.
Experience as a Director of Security or Security Manager running a Department, preferably within a luxury hotel, college education or equivalent experience required.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Two to four years of employment in a related position with Four Seasons or other hotel/resort.
- College education or equivalent experience required.
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Workers Compensation case management
- Mastery of the English language in all forms.
- Bilingual language skills; Spanish speaker ideal.
- Knowledge of OSHA, Local, State (CO) and Federal laws
- US work authorization is required unless the candidate is currently in a managerial position at a Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for L-1 visa sponsorship.
- A successful candidate will have a flexible schedule, ability to work morning, afternoon, or evening shifts, weekends, and holidays.
What You Can Expect:
- Salary between $83-$93k annually and 10-15% bonus off of base salary potential
- Be yourself and become a member of a work family that cares about you and invests in your development.
- Master your craft here and abroad! Seasonal “Task Force” opportunities are available.
- Employee engagement at all levels; Where your thoughts and ideas are not only heard but actioned.
- Market-leading pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and Retirement Savings Plan).
- Employee Meal prepared by our Chefs
- Covered parking on-site
- Discounted and Complimentary travel programs around the World! Culinary, retail and wellness experiences at special rates.
- Winter Season Lifestyle Benefit, which can be used towards one of the following: Merchant Ski Pass, ECO Transit Bus Pass, Parking Pass, or Fitness Membership.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, visit us:
- We Are Four Seasons Video
We look forward to receiving your application! Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Department: Security
Director of Security
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: