Director of Spa
About the job
Join Our Team
We invite you to apply to join our leadership team at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago team as Director of Spa!
Our property is a vibrant hub of culture, style and energy and includes our newly transformed restaurant which embodies iconic luxury boldly reimagined to capture the essence of Chicago through inspired food, drink, art and music. Four Seasons Hotel Chicago has received the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award for 22 consecutive years and is honored to be ranked as one of TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the United States. We offer 347 elegant guest rooms and suites: and a luxury spa.
We are located steps away from the famed Magnificent Mile, glamorous North Michigan Avenue shopping and minutes from the city’s business and financial center. Chicago's first restaurant in partnership with James Beard award-winning Chef Jonathon Sawyer, Adorn, features globally inspired cuisine starring the bounty of the Midwest. Adorn Bar showcases craft cocktails and a wine list that sparks conversation, all with a lively, convivial vibe beckoning to be discovered.
Our Open Opportunity
The Director of Spa is someone who is a well-known Spa & Fitness leader in the industry and has aesthetic taste with the ability to create a tasteful spa environment and translate that into eye for detail and crispness. They understand market trends and have a proven track record for collaborating with Directors of Marketing to put together sound business plans and supporting action steps.
We are looking for individuals who possess a high level of attention to detail and a strong work ethic. The ability to multitask and prioritize is also essential for this position.
Successful candidates will be a willing team player, comfortable with electronic systems and willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote team work. Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Director of the Spa is part of a diverse and dynamic team that provides award-winning service to our valued guests. This leader will provide leadership for all operational management team and will be responsible for delivering the highest level of service in terms of guest experience with a strong focus on Elite Guests’ experiences.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- 3 to 5 years of previous Luxury, Spa management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Relevant Field of Study Preferred
- Thorough knowledge of 5-star service standards, effective application of spa staffing models, proven ability to create and implement spa service menus, effective retail management, successful marketing strategies, and demonstrated ability to project costs, revenue and to adhere to the budget that supports monthly / annual financials
- Proven leadership track record and luxury retail sales experience
- Previous experience preferred as a hands-on therapist such as massage therapist, esthetician, acupuncturist, etc.
- Previous experience in Spa renovations is a plus.
- Strong delegation, leadership, and operational skills to effectively manage high-volume performance and require previous experience managing high-volume stores or equivalent
- Business partner that can grow the business
Candidates must have valid work authorization for the U.S.
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
Internal Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts employees may be eligible for visa sponsorship via an L-1A Visa. Please contact your People & Culture Team regarding eligibility.
About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of; the opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done. We look for talent who share the Golden Rule – people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. As Four Seasons works towards phenomenal growth in the next decade, our most valuable partners continue to be our talent, with whom we have a strong relationship based on the Golden Rule. This relationship is made tangible by the awards received year after year by Four Seasons on a corporate level, as well as by our hotels, resorts and residences around the world, making us an undisputed “employer of choice.”
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
“The reason for our success is no secret. It comes down to one single principle that transcends time and geography, religion, and culture. It’s the Golden Rule – the simple idea that if you treat people well, the way you would like to be treated, they will do the same.” – Isadore Sharp, Founder and Chairman Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Benefits of Working at Four Seasons
- Energizing Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
- Comprehensive learning and development programs to help you master your craft.
- Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and Retirement Plan) as well as Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan including Employer Matching Program
- Inclusive and diverse employee engagement & recognition events all year-round.
- Exclusive discount and travel programs with Four Seasons
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms & Employee Meals
- And so much more!
Learn more about Four Seasons Hotel Chicago and Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts by visiting us below:
Career Opportunities: jobs.fourseasons.com
Learn More About Who We Are: We Are Four Seasons
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact the People & Culture Department at 312-649-2153.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of our award winning team, while developing your career with the world’s leading luxury hotel company! We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Department: Spa
Director of Spa
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: