At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
As the world’s leading operator of luxury hotels, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts currently manages 118 properties in 47 countries.
Four Seasons Hotel Prague, a market leader in the hospitality industry is looking for a talented EXECUTIVE CHEF to join our leadership & culinary team.
We are looking for a passionate chef who will be leading the entire culinary team, become a face of our popular CottoCrudo restaurant, elevate seasonal pop up outlets and oversee banqueting.
YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE:
A special talent and passion for ensuring you and your team deliver the highest of standards consistently and ensuring that our food offering is at the center of our guest experience. You have a desire to focus on the development of our team and a creative flair; bringing your personal touch and energy to all culinary experiences. You have expertise in innovative culinary promotions and marketing, strong business and financial acumen, excellent listening skills and be an inspirational leader to your team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES IN DETAIL:
- Provide leadership and management for the Kitchen Department by establishing plans of character, integrity, and quality which result in the long-range continued growth and profitability of the department.
- Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the culinary team through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlets operation.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit in the department, division and hotel.
- Effectively plan and develop menus for the hotel considering factors such as product availability, food and service cost, marketing conditions and business volume; assign prices for daily menus that result in net profit; participate in making decisions regarding printing, layout, posting, and distribution of menus while ensuring the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, and state are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
- Set up control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency and the ability to create proper purchasing specifications as well as monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of three years of experience in a position of Executive Chef or recent experience from a Michelin Restaurant
- Strong knowledge of Italian cuisine.
- Must demonstrate high standards of professionalism and have a passion for providing a unique, creative and delicious culinary experience for the guests.
- Proven leadership skills in a hotel/resort environment is a plus.
- Must have banquets experience.
- Excellent knowledge of back of house systems, ordering and inventory.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language, another language would be an advantage.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of; the opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done. One of our top priority is to create a great employee experience that is based on trust, transparent communication and a strong relationship. This relationship is made tangible by the awards received year after year, making us an undisputed “Employer of Choice.”