Bringing renewed glamour to the heart of this dynamic city, Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans is transforming a 33-storey landmark at the foot of Canal Street on the Mississippi waterfront. Our 341 guest rooms and suites boast enviable views of the river, the Garden District and across the Central Business District to the French Quarter. We are thrilled to join the New Orleans community and to provide our employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. Join us and become a part of an iconic team with this magnificent entry to the Four Seasons Portfolio. Work alongside a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion for providing above and beyond guest experiences. The Executive Chef will provide leadership and management for the Kitchen Department by establishing plans of character, integrity, and quality which result in the long-range continued growth and profitability of the hotel.
1. Actively involved in all facets of Training activities in the Food Preparation Department.
2. Ensures highest quality of all food prepared in the kitchen, constantly inspects taste, temperature and visual appeal and portion size. Ensures standards recipes are followed strictly.
3. Complies with HACCP procedures and ensures highest level of hygiene and sanitation is all food preparation. Examine food suppliers and received goods for quality and quantity.
4. Assist with the planning of menus and food promotions.
5. Develop creative menus and daily specials and supervise their implementation, menus are prepared correctly and ready for service.
6. Must be “hands on” and able to practice and demonstrate excellent technical kitchen skills.
7. Actively involved in the execution of special culinary events.
8. Ensures high level of personal hygiene and grooming standards of the kitchen staff.
9. Work on the development of food cost and quality control procedures. Investigate food cost issues with a view to take whatever corrective action may be necessary.
10. Actively participates in the weekly kitchen walk through and address any concerns immediately
11. Equipment and fixtures are maintained well and reports any faults and damage.
12. Purchase food, in cooperation with the Purchasing Manager to assures the best quality for the best price.
13. Maintain computer systems, menu sales mix, food cost reports, employee reviews and keeping abreast with related administrative duties
14. In co-operation with the Outlet Sous Chef ensures effective scheduling taking into consideration volume of expected business. monitor and authorizes overtime
15. Assigns in detail, specific duties to all Sous Chefs and guide them through special projects/assignment
16. Perform any other cognate duties as and when required.
1. Forge a strong team spirit within his team by taking a personal interest in every employee in the department. Foster excellent inter-department cooperation
2. Actively promote the career development of the team members by offering continuous training and exposure opportunities, performance feedback, effective coaching and disciplining when necessary
3. Plan and develop menus for the hotel considering factors such as product availability, service cost, marketing conditions, number to be served, etc.
4. Assign prices for food items on daily menus that result in net profit for the food cost area and participate in making decisions regarding printing, layouts, posting and distribution of menus.
5. Hire, train, discipline, supervise and organize all kitchen personnel on a regular basis.
6. Hold regular meetings with the kitchen staff as well as attend and participate in all required meetings.
- Technical education in Hospitality Management and/or Culinary school.
- At least has 5 years kitchen experience in 5-Star Hotel/Resort at management level.
- Aware of latest food trends.
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Computer literate
- Strong leadership, managerial and technical kitchen skills
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf