Four Seasons Alexandria, at San Stefano
Interested individuals should have a huge appetite for development and have demonstrated a skill set for working cooperatively.
Looking for a Guaranteed Opportunity, this is the place for you.
Alexandria is a Mediterranean port city in Egypt. During the Hellenistic period, it was home to a storied library and a lighthouse ranking among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Today the library is reincarnated in the disc-shaped, ultramodern Bibliotheca Alexandrina research center. The city has many Greco-Roman landmarks, old-world cafes and European-style parks. Its 15th-century Qaitbay Citadel is now a museum.
Four Seasons Alexandria
In a glamorous Alexandria Luxury hotel retreat set against the Mediterranean shoreline, classic European inspired luxury accommodations in San Stefano’s graced open-air restaurants, world class service and a European Spa Style.
This luxury hotel is a 10-minute walk from the Royal Jewelry Museum and 9 km from the Library of Alexandria. The Lighthouse of Alexandria is 12 km away. Elegant rooms and suites with chic decor provide flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi and minibars, as well as marble bathrooms and balconies with panoramic views of the city or the sea. The suites add living rooms and dining areas. Room service is offered24/7.
Amenities include 5 restaurants, 3 Bars & Lounges, Indoor and Outdoor banquet facilities, a private beach, 2 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool, tennis and squash courts.
Massages are offered in a lavish spa with an indoor pool and a fitness room.
This key position requires an individual who
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, committees, suppliers, members, and employees. Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form Plans menus for all food outlets in the Hotel .
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft. Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation, which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu-selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the Food & Beverage Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently at the highest level.