The Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is looking for a Front Desk Receptionist who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do.
The Front Desk Receptionist reports to the Front Desk Manager. We are looking for an energetic, experienced customer service professional with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to multitask, have a passion for service and hospitality. Applicants will be a willing team player, comfortable with computer systems including Opera and willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote team work. Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Join our Team
Work on a team that is built around adaptability & flexibility, service passion, professionalism, ethic for work integrity, communication, and teamwork. Four Seasons Hotel Chicago has received the Forbes Five star award for 22 years in a row and the coveted AAA Five diamond aware for 26 years and is honored to be ranked as one of TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the United States. We are located steps away from the famed Magnificent Mile, glamorous North Michigan Avenue shopping and minutes from the city’s business and financial center. We offer 345 elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury spa and the Chicago’s first restaurant in partnership with James Beard award-winning Chef Jonathon Sawyer, Adorn features globally-inspired cuisine starring the bounty of the Midwest. Adorn Bar offers show-stopping craft cocktails and a wine list that sparks conversation, all with a lively, convivial vibe all beckoning to be discovered.
The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for seamless registration and cashiering service for our guests during the overnight shift.
The individual must be able to handle various guest requests, inquiries, and issues, and be responsible for the follow up of such circumstances.
Contribute to our environment with a positive and friendly attitude.
Communicate with team members to ensure the highest level of personalized service..
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- The person we seek must have excellent interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Previous front office experience within a luxury hotel environment is preferred and a flexible schedule is a must.
- Good problem solving ability and proficiency in Hotel property management systems.
- Strong command of the English language
- Requires attention to detail and problem solving skills, as well as a passion for customer service
- The Front Desk Receptionist position requires continuous standing for 8 hours a day.
- Successful candidates must possess legal work authorization in the United States
What to Expect:
Four Seasons can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of – an opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done. In line with our plans for future growth, we are committed to staff levels that are in keeping with our extraordinary staff-to-guest ratios. We believe that attitude counts as much as skill. As a result, Four Seasons hires motivated people who we train to perform superbly, while we create an environment where they can flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways.
- Complimentary stays at Four Seasons worldwide (subject to availability)
- Free employee meals prepared by the culinary team
- Complimentary dry cleaning of employee uniforms
- A robust benefit plan, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and paid time off.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf