Work closely with sales and marketing team to solicit, sell and confirm group business required to meet budgeted sales goals.
· Lead by example and instils a culture of continuous learning and improvement; actively participates in Employee Relations
activities and programmes.
· Ensure maximization of productivity and achieving established goals; promotes harmony between departments.
· Displays warmth, care and genuine enthusiasm when dealing with guests, tour operators and internal customers; lives the
· Demonstrates standards awareness, by setting example for standards execution, standards testing and implementing action
plans to achieve established product and service goals
· Prepares annual plans and forecasts, consistently monitors and manages budgetary goals.
· Maintain a professional appearance at all times and to conduct personal behaviour in a mature professional business manner
when representing the resort or company
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area and ensures tools & equipment are well maintained and in sufficient supply.
· Is seen as a hands-on leader, assists employees in crunch times.
· Promotes and ensures a safe working environment.
· Maintains an organized administration of departmental and personnel records, including rostering and leave planning.
· Prospect actively group business
· Demonstrate a Sales driven attitude and be goal driven to deliver annual sales target
· Work with the Director of Sales, Director of Revenue and Director of Sales & Marketing to qualify group business
· Maintain rapport with the existing client’s data base
· Ensure recording of weekly activities in Golden Sales & Catering
· Represent the organization in various trade shows and events
· Work closely with all internal departments to conceptualize group programs
· Work alongside the Conference Services Manager to prepare and deliver tailor made group sites visits
· Work with local DCMs, Incentive Houses and WSOs to host Group Familiarization Trips
· Perform any other cognate duties as and when required
· Consistently innovate new “experiences” for guests
Special Requirements · A university degree or recognized diploma in the Tourism/Hospitality field · 3 years’ experience in direct sales within the hospitality sector. · Possess problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information. · Excellent oral and written communication skills. · Fluent in English and French language. · Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of PMS · Hospitable, outgoing & customer-oriented · Excellent knowledge of local establishments