The position will greet and seat guests while coordinating guest reservations and responding to inquiries in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies.
· Seat guests promptly at a table pre-set for the number in the party and according to guest preference.
· Set up host/hostess stand, review guest reservation book, and make recommendations as to the set-up of the room, maintain a station chart and cover count for the restaurant while recognizing the maximum workload capacity of each server in order to meet Four Seasons Service standards.
· Answer telephones according to Four Seasons standards and take guest reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant or any other hotel service.
· Anticipate the needs of guests, respond accordingly to guest inquiries or problems, and recognize regular guests by name and utilize the guest’s name consistently.
· Inspect and maintain daily menus to ensure quality, condition and appearance while developing a complete working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials.
· Comply with Four Seasons’ Work Rules and Standards of Conduct.
· Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
• Must be able to work all shifts including, AM's, PM's, weekends, and holidays.
· Six to twelve months of restaurant, food and beverage, or equivalent experience is required.
· Requires a working knowledge of the restaurant aspect of services, policies or
operations and general knowledge of the hotel.
· Requires knowledge or the ability to operate computer equipment and the reservations system.
· Requires proficiency in the English language.
· Able to stand and walk up to 8 hours.
· Able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf