Join our team!
Four Seasons Hotel Toronto is currently looking for a talented and dynamic Learning and Development Manager who shares our passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do!
The Learning and Development Manager supports the needs of the business, guests and employees to drive service excellence and is seen as a business partner to the Planning Committee team! The Learning and Development manager fosters employee engagement and growth through training and supporting continuous development on the job. The Manager will lead and facilitate the onboarding of new employees and managers to ensure a seamless welcome to Four Seasons Toronto. The Learning and Development Manager will be a key player in ensuring service quality is up to standard in keeping with Forbes, LQA and guest satisfaction as a whole.
- Train and facilitate key hotel and Four Seasons training programs including but not limited to, Embark, orientation, service foundations, leadership behaviours, departmental standard training, compliance training, Leadership Development courses etc.
- Assign, train, manage and deploy designated trainers who are strong in continuous development of peers for job-role techniques in alignment with FS standards.
- Inspire and train leaders to effectively participate in the development and training of other employees; this is critical to successful delivery of the L&D mission.
- Ensure service quality through the study of LQA/Forbes and other 3rd party evaluation results. Get involved in operational improvements where learning can contribute to the solution, state when it cannot. Enforce Four Seasons standards through testing and training.
- Plans and executes property-wide change initiatives, including service initiatives, Company-wide change initiatives, and other large-scale projects related to growth and learning
- Selects and manages external vendors to deliver specialised training on service and/ or management skills
- Bases the direction for learning on a thorough Learning Needs Analysis
- Creates and produces a Learning Needs Analysis (LNA) and Training Plan aligned to property’s goals & budget cycle
- Creates and adheres to an annual budget for all training programs, initiatives, and learning resources
- Willingness to contribute to the operation where needed.
- Strong administrative, communication, delegation and interpersonal skills required.
- Assist with all other P&C duties as needed, included but not limited to: Employee Events, policies, recruitment, interviewing, health & safety, community outreach, ordering and purchasing.
Preferred skills and experience:
ABOUT FOUR SEASONS HOTELS & RESORTS
- 3 years of previous experience in adult education or a similar environment
- Hotel operations background in luxury hospitality is a strong asset, or other luxury service environments;
- Natural ability to spread and influence positive energy. High emotional intelligence.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Patience, compassion and sensitivity to all learning styles.
- Excellent communication skills
- Facilitation skills
- Instructional design skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills (i.e. ability to identify when training is the actual solution and provide it if required)
- Coaching skills
- Influencing skills
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
What to expect
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
- Employee Travel Program that includes complimentary room nights & employee experience rates at Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts with discounted meals and other services at each location
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Educational assistance, access to E-Cornell University online courses at discounted pricing as well as in-house training workshops for line and management employees.
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- A robust extended flex benefit plan, including medical, HCSA, dental, vision, life insurance, DPSP/RRSP and paid time off.
https://www.linkedin.com/company/four-seasons-hotels-and-resorts Learn more about Four Seasons Toronto on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!Canadian work authorization is required unless candidate is currently in a managerial position at a Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for a work permit sponsorship.
Four Seasons is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.