Four Seasons Hotel Miami is looking for
a Learning & Development Manager
who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do. Our employees have the opportunity to shape our guests experience by providing exceptional knowledge and service in support of our world-renowned organization.About Us
Dominating Miami's sparkling 70-storey skyline, Four Seasons Hotel Miami is a sleek landmark that combines contemporary luxury with resort-style amenities, just a block from Biscayne Bay. Conveniently accessible to the city's prime attractions, the Hotel offers 182 guest rooms and 39 suites, an extensive spa and health club, bars and restaurants. As a centerpiece is a magnificent two-acre terrace featuring three outdoor swimming pools surrounded by 12 cabanas. The terrace also features a unique wading pool designed to resemble a palm orchard planted in the water and a poolside bar and lounge.
Four Seasons has been on FORTUNE magazine’s ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ every year since 1998... Come and find out why! With over 99 hotels in 38 countries, Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.About the position
The Learning and Development Manager supports the needs of the business, guests and employees to drive service excellence and is seen as a business partner to the Planning Committee team! The Learning and Development manager fosters employee engagement and growth through training and supporting continuous development on the job. The Manager will lead and facilitate the onboarding of new employees and managers to ensure a seamless welcome to Four Seasons Miami. The Learning and Development Manager will be a key player in ensuring service quality is up to standard in keeping with Forbes, LQA and guest satisfaction as a whole.Key functions:
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Train and facilitate key hotel and Four Seasons training programs including but not limited to, Embark, orientation, service foundations, leadership behaviours, departmental standard training, compliance training, Leadership Development courses etc.
- Assign, train, manage and deploy designated trainers who are strong in continuous development of peers for job-role techniques in alignment with FS standards.
- Inspire and train leaders to effectively participate in the development and training of other employees; this is critical to successful delivery of the L&D mission.
- Ensure service quality through the study of LQA/Forbes and other 3rd party evaluation results. Get involved in operational improvements where learning can contribute to the solution, state when it cannot. Enforce Four Seasons standards through testing and training.
- Plans and executes property-wide change initiatives, including service initiatives, Company-wide change initiatives, and other large-scale projects related to growth and learning
- Selects and manages external vendors to deliver specialised training on service and/ or management skills
- Bases the direction for learning on a thorough Learning Needs Analysis
- Creates and produces a Learning Needs Analysis (LNA) and Training Plan aligned to property’s goals & budget cycle
- Creates and adheres to an annual budget for all training programs, initiatives, and learning resources
- Willingness to contribute to the operation where needed.
- Strong administrative, communication, delegation and interpersonal skills required.
- Assist with all other P&C duties as needed, included but not limited to: Employee Events, policies, recruitment, interviewing, health & safety, community outreach, ordering and purchasing.
What to Expect
- 3 years of previous experience in adult education or a similar environment
- Hotel operations background in luxury hospitality is a strong asset, or other luxury service environments
- Natural ability to spread and influence positive energy. High emotional intelligence.
- Excellent communication skills, facilitation skills, & instructional design skill.
- Competitive Salary & Wages
- Complimentary Medical, Basic Dental and Basic Vision Insurance for Employee
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf