Four Seasons Hotel Denver is seeking a talented and dynamic Learning and Development Manager who shares our passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees, people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
“The reason for our success is no secret. It comes down to one single principle that transcends time and geography, religion, and culture. It’s the Golden Rule – the simple idea that if you treat people well, the way you would like to be treated, they will do the same.” – Isadore Sharp, Founder and Chairman Four Seasons Hotels and ResortsResponsibilities
The Learning and Development Manager supports the needs of the business, guests and employees to drive service excellence and is seen as a business partner to the Planning Committee team! The Learning and Development manager fosters employee engagement and growth through training and supporting continuous development on the job. The Manager will lead and facilitate the onboarding of new employees and managers to ensure a seamless welcome to Four Seasons Denver. The Learning and Development Manager will be a key player in ensuring service quality is up to standard in keeping with Forbes, LQA and guest satisfaction as a whole. This position does require an applicant with a flexible schedule, able to work morning/afternoon/evening shifts, weekends, and holidays. Schedule is primarily Monday – Friday with operational needs dictating evenings and weekends.
Preferred qualification and skills
- Train and facilitate key hotel and Four Seasons training programs including but not limited to, Embark orientation, service foundations, leadership behaviors, departmental standard training, compliance training, Leadership Development courses etc.
- Assign, train, manage and deploy designated trainers who are strong in continuous development of peers for job-role techniques in alignment with FS standards.
- Inspire and train leaders to effectively participate in the development and training of other employees; this is critical to successful delivery of the L&D mission.
- Ensure service quality through the study of LQA/Forbes and other 3rd party evaluation results. Get involved in operational improvements where learning can contribute to the solution, state when it cannot. Enforce Four Seasons standards through testing and training.
- Plans and executes property-wide change initiatives, including service initiatives, Company-wide change initiatives, and other large-scale projects related to growth and learning
- Selects and manages external vendors to deliver specialized training on service and/ or management skills
- Bases the direction for learning on a thorough Learning Needs Analysis
- Creates and produces a Learning Needs Analysis (LNA) and Training Plan aligned to property’s goals & budget cycle
- Creates and adheres to an annual budget for all training programs, initiatives, and learning resources
- Willingness to contribute to the operation where needed.
- Strong administrative, communication, delegation and interpersonal skills required.
- Assist with all other P&C duties as needed, included but not limited to: Employee Events, policies, recruitment, interviewing, health & safety, community outreach, ordering and purchasing.
Join our Team
- 3 years of previous experience in adult education or a similar environment
- Hotel operations background in luxury hospitality is a strong asset, or other luxury service environments;
- Natural ability to spread and influence positive energy. High emotional intelligence.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Patience, compassion and sensitivity to all learning styles.
- Excellent communication skills
- Facilitation & Instructional Design skills
- Instructional design skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills (i.e. ability to identify when training is the actual solution and provide it if required)
- Coaching & Influencing skills
Work on a team that is built around adaptability & flexibility, service passion, professionalism, ethic for work integrity, communication, and teamwork. Four Seasons Hotel Denver is rated AAA Five Diamond since 2015. We are located in the heart of Denver’s theatre district offering 239 ultra-spacious guest rooms and suites; 100 private residences; a top rated restaurant, EDGE; and a luxury spa.What to Expect:
• Salary $70,000 + Annual Incentive Bonus
• Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
• Discounted RTD Flex Pass and subsidized parking
• 401k participation with a company matching program
• Complimentary stays at Four Seasons worldwide (subject to availability)
• Access to the Hotel’s health club facilities
• Free employee meals prepared by the culinary team
• Complimentary dry cleaning
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf