Job Title: Executive Pastry Chef
Who We Are:
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. To learn more about Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, watch this exciting video: We Are Four Seasons .
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale is a luxury hotel nestled in the foothills of Pinnacle Peak amid towering cacti, enriched with outstanding design and talent.
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale is seeking an experienced Executive Pastry Chef who can plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees responsible for preparation of sweet items, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, fruit compotes breads, chocolates and show pieces while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
The Role of the Executive Pastry Chef
The role of the Executive Pastry Chef is to plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees responsible for preparation of sweet items, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, fruit compotes, breads, chocolates and show pieces while ensuring superior quality and consistency. The Executive Pastry Chef is also responsible for the preparation, baking and finishing of all breads, breakfast bakeries, cookies and other specified baked goods in accordance with departmental quality standards and specifications. They are required to plan, prep, set up and prepare quality products in all areas of the Pastry/Bake Shop to include, but not limited to pastries, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, jams, displays/centerpieces in accordance with departmental quality standards and specifications.
- Directs the production of all baked goods in required volume and establishes quality standards. Supervises all bake shop personnel through guiding, counseling and training them in the proper performance of their duties.
- Orders all raw materials needed to maintain production of required volume.
- Originates recipes and issues recipes to bakers while ensuring that they are followed directly. Minimizes waste and inspects all raw materials to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintains the bake shop and its equipment in a clean, sanitary and fully operational condition. Implements established safety policies and ensures they are followed.
- Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the Kitchen’s bake/pastry shop through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
- Assist in the planning and development of menus for the hotel, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
- Set up control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency and the ability to create proper purchasing specifications as well as monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Meet with Head Chefs, Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
“Start with the Heart”
- Oversee staff training and development for menu changes
- Communicate clearly and often with Kitchen staff, fellow members of the Chef team and colleagues throughout the Food and Beverage division.
- Develop & foster strong relationships with SCO team.
- Be a hands on Pastry Mentor and Team member supporting the Culinary Team as a whole
- Encourage cross utilization from Pastry to Savory and vice versa
“Master your Craft”
- Own the food presentation for guests dining in all SCO F&B outlets
- Contribute to the process of developing menus for all SCO outlets, while promoting the concepts.
- Order all required product to maintain sufficient inventory all while backing into budgeted food cost.
- Work closely with Catering and Social Catering to create “Sweet Experiences” and enhance the existing wedding packages and Cake Library
- Organize all areas of the kitchen including prep, hotline stations and boh storage.
- Manage and speak to Culinary labor on a weekly basis.
- Develop seasonal menus that highlight fresh, local product, and oversee their recipe design and output.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Birch street including but not limited to costing, recipe input, ordering and purchasing processes.
- Lead with integrity and inspire camaraderie in an intense environment.
- Support creativity among culinary team members, and mentor the next generation of culinary talent.
- Build rapport with purveyors, chefs and local peers within the restaurant community.
Who We Look For:
We look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Three to five years previous experience in multiple culinary/food & beverage department head positions specializing in pastry design and creation as an Executive Pastry Chef
- College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required.
- Requires a working knowledge of division operations
- Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems.
- Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools.
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Some Benefits Four Season Employees Enjoy:
- Energizing Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
- Comprehensive learning and development programs to help you master your craft.
- Inclusive and diverse employee engagement events all year-round.
- Exclusive discount and travel programs with Four Seasons
- Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and Retirement Plan)
- And so much more!
US work authorization is required US work authorization is required unless the candidate is currently in a managerial position at a Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for L-1 visa sponsorship.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf