We are turning up the volume in Music City and we want you to join our playlist! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic pre-opening team with Four Seasons Hotel Nashville set to open Fall 2022.
The new Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Nashville seeks a Purchasing Supervisor
to join our talented opening team! Don't miss this unique opportunity to be part of the world's leading luxury hotel company!
We are looking for a Purchasing Supervisor who will support the Director of Purchasing, overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Purchasing Department.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Assisting with all administrative functions of the department relating to payroll, labor, scheduling and evaluating.
- Ensuring all inventories are taken on schedule, are accurate, and ordering is completed.
- Check all incoming goods against delivery orders and invoices, food specifications and purchase records to ensure that the type, amount, price and quality of items received and ordered are correct.
- Update daily receiving in the Purchasing/Inventory system and generate a Daily Receiving report for food, beverage, non-food, and beverage on a timely basis.
- Ensure all goods received are delivered to the correct storage place/holding area.
- Maintain the highest level of business integrity in dealing with vendors and delivery persons.
- Ensure all local and corporate policies, rules, internal controls and procedures and safeguards as they relate to the Purchasing Department are complied with.
- Understand quality standards of the hotel.
- Ensure that all non-food and beverage deliveries coincide with an approved purchase order. All deliveries without purchase orders must be investigated and mostly rejected.
- Maintain an up-to-date file of the receiving copy of all approved purchase orders. All purchase orders must clearly state the status of delivery (i.e., open, or partial).
- Inspect the physical condition, check quality and count or measure the quantity and weight of all items or supplies at the time they are received and before they are placed in storage.
- Inspect food quality at receiving. Anything questionable must be approved by the Executive Chef or his delegate or the Purchasing Director.
- Accept delivery of engineering, retail, spa and flowers and other specialty items and contact originating department for verification and inspection of goods.
- Ensure all deliveries are received at the designated receiving area only.
- Ensure all invoices and/or packing slips are stamped with the appropriate receiving stamp upon delivery.
- Request for credit is filled out for any items refused or damaged and signed by the driver and Receiver and entered on Receiving Report.
- Ensure that all Receiving Reports inclusive of food, beverage, non-food, and beverage are done daily on a timely basis.
- Update electronic Purchase Order System and post all invoices into computerized Inventory system and/or Accounts Payable system.
- Check all postings against Edit Report prior to generating the Daily Receiving Report.
- Ensure that a "Goods Received w/o an Invoice Form" is filled out for any goods received in this manner.
- Ensure that all food and beverage deliveries are received in conjunction with the order forms.
- Check and match receiving documents to electronic purchase orders daily to verify price quotations and report any discrepancies to the Director of Purchasing.
- Inform the Director or Assistant Director of Purchasing in the event of any returns, shortages, or no-show deliveries immediately.
- Assist as necessary with all month end, quarterly or annual inventories of food, beverage, operating equipment, and supplies.
- Work together with other Purchasing/Storeroom staff to assure smooth transition of receiving to storage.
- Ensure loading dock and receiving areas are kept secure, clean and organized.
- At all times, comply with food hygiene standards.
- Conduct temperature recordings of vendor chiller trucks, chilled and frozen food.
- Check shelf life and expiry of food and beverage products and alert the Director of Purchasing.
- Assist with regular cleaning and re-organization of storerooms.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk in researching any discrepancies on invoices.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance/Assistant Director of Finance or Director of Purchasing.
- Participate in the annual circulating Operating Equipment inventory and assist in review and reconciling the discrepancies
- Coordinate and participate as necessary in all month end or quarterly inventories of food, beverage, operating equipment and supplies.
About Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences Nashville
- At least two-years full-time employment in a similar position in the hospitality industry.
- Highest level of integrity and transparency
- Apply an ethical approach to the outcome of situations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams, vendors, contractors, vendors’ delivery person and freight forwarders
- Proactive and high energy
- Work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner
A soaring new landmark on the Nashville skyline, Four Seasons pays homage to the city’s creative spirit. 40 stories high, with 235 keys (42 suites) and 143 residence units, the property is located in the upmarket neighborhood of SoBro where floor to ceiling windows provide unobstructed downtown panoramic views. The hotel will feature 19,200 sq ft of meeting space, an indoor/outdoor restaurant, a luxury spa, and an outdoor pool deck.Service Culture
Currently operating 125 hotels and resorts, and 45 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in what we do.What to Expect
Dynamic Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
Inclusive and diverse employee engagement events all year-round
Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, 401k Retirement Plan, and much more)!
Excellent and ongoing Training and Development opportunities
Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
Complimentary Employee Meals
… and so much more!Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
https://twitter.com/FourSeasonsJobs Learn more about a career with Four Seasons
https://twitter.com/FourSeasonsJobs Visa Requirements
Authorization to work in the United States is required unless the candidate is currently in a managerial role with another Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for an L-1 visa sponsorship.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf