1.Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language. 2.Experienced in CPR, first aid, fire fighting and crowd control. 3.Previous experience in law enforcement or security work. JOB FUNCTIONS: 1. The ability to follow proper payroll procedures.
2. The ability to actively participate in the day to day security operations of the property to ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel and property. 3. The ability to patrol the interior and exterior of the hotel and confront any situations or persons that require investigation.
4. The ability to handle and document guest and employee accidents, double locked doors, noise complaints, and prostitutes.
5. The ability to assist disabled guests.
6. The ability to implement all policies, procedures and instructions regarding security and safety.
7. The ability to assist in implementing preventive safety and security programs.
8. The ability to investigate crimes committed against the hotel, guests, and employees.
9. The ability to document all incidents occurring in the hotel in connection with crime, subversions, potential liabilities and insurance requirements.
10. The ability to assist hotel staff in handling of unusual guest or employee problems, such as, but not limited to, disorderly conduct, thefts, suicides, bomb threats, employee or guest accidents, fire or safety hazards, robberies, terrorist activities, civil disturbance, power or elevator failures, medical assistance and natural disasters.
11. The ability to remain informed of current Federal and local laws and regulations as they relate to the hotel, particularly in areas of guest, patron and employee rights.
12. The ability to take an active role in the implementation of the hotel's fire plan including the General Communication Center, the Command Post, all technical equipment and the roles each employee/manager plays.
13. The ability to assist in training related to the hotel's emergency procedures. 14. The ability to control the key, lock system, alarm system, and fire protection system.
15. The ability to make recommendations to the Director in security related matters.
16. The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation. 17. The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf