We are a human brand. We are a culture brand. We are Four Seasons
We are world’s leading operator of luxury hotels and resorts currently managing more than 120 properties worldwide.Four Seasons Hotel Prague
is looking for a talented Sous Chef
to join our diverse and creative team.About You and the Role
You will hold a leadership position within the kitchen department, reporting to the Executive Chef. You will be responsible for assisting the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef in the planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in the daily activities of food preparation in all the kitchens, restaurant and banquet operations. It is expected that you will be pro-active and research on new food trends and food technology. You will assist the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef to provide the highest quality of food within cost percentage of the hotel.About the expected Responsibilities and Skills
Qualifications in detail:
- Own the overall food presentation for guests of CottoCrudo restaurant, In-Room dinning and banquets. Develop recipes and presentation pictures for new menus and standards accurately.
- Communicate clearly and often with Kitchen staff, fellow members of the Chef team and colleagues throughout the Food and Beverage division.
- Order all required product to maintain sufficient inventory.
- Organize all areas of the kitchen including prep, stations and storage.
- Manage the flow between breakfast/lunch, dinner and overnight shifts.
- Develop seasonal menus that highlight fresh, local product, and oversee their recipe design and output.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
- Run the payroll process for the Kitchen.
- Lead with integrity and inspire camaraderie in an intense environment.
- Support creativity among culinary team members, and mentor the next generation of culinary talent.
- Build rapport with suppliers, chefs and local peers within the restaurant community.
- Daily ordering and requisitions.
- Ensures the hotel cost control policies and procedures are followed.
- Follow HACCP and local Hygiene laws at all times.
- Actively supporting the Four Seasons Hotels Culture to help achieve our Vision, Mission and Goals.
- Looking continuously for ways to improve the quality and service.
What to Expect
- Previous experience in similar and/or related fields in a 5* Hotel.
- At least 1 year experience at same level.
- Hotel Management (desirable).
- Certificate in F&B would be an advantage.
- Ensures a team spirit and working discipline.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Operates with integrity and objectivity at all times.
- Proactive to address and resolve issues.
- Delivers results within a pressurized deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language, another language would be an advantage.
- Must have EU work authorization.
This position is offered for a define period of time of 24 months with a possible unlimited extend based on your performance. Your trial period will be 6 months. Feedback is a key; therefore, you will be asked to give your feedback on regular basis and you will also have an informal chat with your 1 up manager and mentor.
FS Prague People value a culture of unique personal contribution and strive for the excellence. We value an open and transparent communication and working in psychological safe environment. We enjoy the common goal to make us always better and stronger. And we love to have a fun together.
We want people engaged, committed with a creative and open mindset and strong sense for responsibility. We want people who enjoys to serve the others.
We hire for the attitude not for the skills.Benefits Include
Passionate team with lots of fun
Excellent Training and Development opportunities: LinkedIn courses, E-Cornell, inspirational workshops.
Discover the world with complimentary or/and attractive employee rates at Four Seasons Hotels worldwide
Complimentary Employee Meals and laundry/dry cleaning
Employee benefit cafeteria system