The Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is looking for a Special Events Manager. Candidates with a passion for excellence, expertise in hospitality operations and proven leadership experience are invited to apply for a career with Four Seasons. As a member of the Special Events team, the Manager works across disciplines to deliver an exceptional experience.
Join Our Team
Join a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, creativity and a commitment to the highest quality service. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai provides guests with a haven of serenity and luxury. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
- Negotiate with clients through the use of creative and attractive menu presentations and event proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs.
- Coordinate with the Sales Department and Catering to insure proper utilization of function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Maintain an active trace/follow-up system. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when necessary head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Comply with Four Seasons standards for conference services, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep Director of Conference Services and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- College education or equivalent experience
- One to Three years experience in a hotel and or catering capacity with Four Seasons or another related organization.
- Requires knowledge of the ability to operate computer equipment.
- Successful candidate must possess legal work authorization in United States
What to Expect: You Will…
- Be a champion of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to learn, grow and develop
- Have access to a robust benefit plan
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done
- Be recognized for excellence
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Grupo Pulitzer Hoteles