About the job
Beverly Wilshire a Four Seasons Hotel
Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel is seeking a Staff Accountant in Training to join the hotel in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles. We are looking for individuals with a passion for excellence, articulate, confidence, and the ability to create a unique guest experience environment and have an eye for detail. The position will report directly to the Assistant Director of Finance.
Join Our Team
Located at the intersection of Wilshire and Rodeo, an international cast of personalities comes together amid urban buzz, Hollywood glamour and a sophisticated California vibe. Experience CUT, Wolfgang Puck's, and become part of a iconic hotel of the Four Seasons Portfolio.
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion for providing above and beyond guest experiences. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
- The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Assistant Director of Finance in maintaining the general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Additionally, the Staff Accountant is responsible for supervising other areas within the Finance Department under the direction of the Assistant Director of Finance, including payroll, accounts payable, and general cashiering in accordance with all related local and corporate policies and procedures.
- The Accounting office structure may vary and responsibilities will be adapted as required.
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationship with all departments and Home Office.
- Comply with and enforce Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Assist Assistant Director of Finance with maintaining the effectiveness of internal controls to safeguard the assets and resources of the hotel.
- Actively support other department managers with matters dealing with labor standards, payroll, and other issues that may arise.
- Direct and supervise the efforts, quality, and timeliness of all aspects of payroll, accounts payable, and general cashiering or other areas as directed by the Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance
- Assist with the development of the Finance Department staff to aid the future growth of the company.
- Assist in other areas of the accounting office as needed.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting & Finance (added advantage to have previous experience in Finance, Prior experience in Hotel / Resort Accounting).
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work weekends if the need arrives.
- Able to negotiate, organize, delegate & work under pressure
- Computer literacy to include MS Word, Excel, and the ability to use e-mail and the Internet.
What to Expect: You Will…
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Have access to a robust benefit plan
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done
- Be recognized for excellence
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application
******Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview. ******
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Department: Finance & Accounting