Wedding & Special Events Sales Manager - Tamarindo
At Four Seasons we consider life and work to be richer when we truly connect with the people and the environment around us.
Our family members are masters at their crafts – a gardener can become an artist, a manager a conductor, a chef an inventor. We look for employees who share the Golden Rule: people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for our people to characterize a shared passion for excellence and to infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
The upcoming Four Seasons Resort Tamarindo in Jalisco, Mexico rests on 3,000 acres of a protected natural reserve on the Pacific Coast of Mexico. Most of its 157 rooms will boast exceptional panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, enveloped by the surrounding jungle and lush golf course.
Four Seasons Resort Tamarindo is heartily committed to showcasing the very best of Mexican Art, Culture and Nature. The local community and their warmth are a key component of our guest experience and our Wedding & Special Events Sales Manager will imbue a passion for this destination and the Culture.
This position reports to the Director of Sales as well as Director of Marketing and requires legal working authorization in Mexico.
The Wedding & Special Events Sales Manager will demonstrate the following key characteristics and skills:
-College education or equivalent experience
-Minimum 2 to 3 years selling experience directly related to weddings / catering sales strongly preferred. Previous experience with Four Seasons or luxury brand required
-Strong communication (telephone and in person)
-Strong written and oral presentation skills
-Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
-Requires knowledge of the ability to operate computer equipment
-Ability to consistently work well under pressure and manage time effectively
-Successful candidate must possess legal work authorization in Mexico
Master Your Craft:
The Four Seasons Resort Tamarindo is looking for a creative and visionary Weddings and Special Events Manager who shares our passion for excellence, our drive to make the impossible possible and is relentless about creating the ultimate service experience. This person will be a member of a dynamic team who provides unparalleled experiences to our guests. The Weddings and Special Events Manager will actively secure and service Weddings and other Social catering business through active and effective promotion, solicitation, and prospecting. This position reports to the Director of Sales & Director of Marketing.
Desired Skills and Experience / Key Elements of the Role:
· Actively solicit new business and respond to wedding inquiries in a timely manner, with the intention of confirming profitable wedding group room and event business in order to achieve Quarterly and Annual Sales Goals. Maintain an active follow-up system on all inquiries and sales calls.
· Uncover clients’ event and guest room needs through a creative approach of selling a vision and experience
· Negotiate with clients through the use of creative and attractive presentations and event design proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs.
· Coordinate with the Sales Department and Catering to ensure proper utilization of guest rooms and function space to yield maximum revenues.
· Conduct property site tours and entertain planners and clients of weddings
· Work directly with clients throughout the duration of the planning process, ensuring all wedding details are planned accordingly
· Act as the liaison for all vendor/supplier related clients’ needs, (i.e. Audio Visual, Florists, Entertainment, Transportation, DMC, Off-site Locations etc.)
· Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up-selling and ensuring effective communication, both written and in-person with all departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
· Supervise the execution of wedding events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when necessary head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
· Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning Special Events Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
· Comply with Four Seasons standards for special events, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee.
· Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
· Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep Director of Sales and Director of Marketing as well as Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
Connect with us…Join Our Team
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, and focuses on excellent results. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests.
What to Expect: You Will…
· Be a champion of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
· Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to learn, grow and develop
· Have access to a robust benefit plan
· Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
· Derive a sense of pride in work well done
· Be recognized for excellence
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application!