The Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is looking for a creative and visionary Weddings and Special Events Manager who shares our passion for excellence, our drive to make the impossible possible and is relentless about creating the ultimate service experience. This person will be a member of a dynamic team who provides unparalleled experiences to our guests. The Weddings and Special Events Manager will actively secure and service Wedding Events and Group Rooms through active and effective promotion, solicitation, and prospecting. This position reports to the Director of Weddings & Special Events. U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
Join Our Team
Join a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, creativity and a commitment to the highest quality service. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai provides guests with a haven of serenity and luxury. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
Key Elements of the Position
- Actively solicit new business and respond to wedding inquiries in a timely manner, with the intention of confirming profitable wedding group room and event business in order to achieve Quarterly and Annual Sales Goals. Maintain an active follow-up system on all inquiries and sales calls.
- Uncover clients’ event and guest room needs through a creative approach of selling a vision and experience
- Negotiate with clients through the use of creative and attractive presentations and event design proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs.
- Coordinate with the Sales Department and Catering to insure proper utilization of guest rooms and function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Conduct property site tours and entertain planners and clients of weddings
- Work directly with clients throughout the duration of the planning process, ensuring all wedding details are planned accordingly
- Act as the liaison for all vendor/supplier related clients’ needs, (i.e. Audio Visual, Florists, Entertainment, Transportation, DMC, Off-site Locations etc)
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up-selling and ensuring effective communication, both written and in-person with all departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Supervise the execution of wedding events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when necessary head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning Special Events Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Comply with Four Seasons standards for special events, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep Director of Weddings and Special Events and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
· College education or equivalent experience
· Minimum 2 to 3 years selling experience directly related to weddings / catering sales strongly preferred. Previous experience with Four Seasons or luxury brand required
· Strong communication (telephone and in person)
· Strong written and oral presentation skills
· Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
· Requires knowledge of the ability to operate computer equipment.
· Ability to consistently work well under pressure and manage time effectively
· Successful candidate must possess legal work authorization in United States
What to Expect: You Will…
· Be a champion of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
· Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to learn, grow and develop
· Have access to a robust benefit plan
· Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
· Derive a sense of pride in work well done
· Be recognized for excellence
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf