Facilitates the entire call resolution process from initial contact (call or email) to resolution for a supported Marriott’s Lightspeed property management system Resolves many of the call requests independently. Escalates issues, as needed, to appropriate Marriott stakeholders and Service Providers and documents requests following established procedures. Contributes general knowledge and skill to the information technology discipline to support team and/or department objectives. Works withinell-established guidelines to complete routine tasks. Requires shift work flexibility as the Help Desk operates 24x7x365.
- 3+ years’ experience in one of the following:
- Hospitality or hotel using a PMS system or customer service business application support
- Call/customer care center experience
- Computer support
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, IE and Word.
- Core working knowledge of a PMS system
- Established work history of strong customer service
- Ability to effectively facilitate complaint resolutions
- General knowledge of Hospitality business functions and business processes
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Skilled at listening and persuading
- Experienced in supporting change management efforts
- Strong team orientation
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Provides level 1 problem determination and support for Marriott’s LightSpeed PMS and integrated applications using documented procedures and available tools
- Initiates escalation as appropriate to facilitate management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented service level agreements
- Records incidents and status information in Service Now tool per established service level agreements; communicates resolution and/or next steps to the customer
- Attends business meetings/training as necessary
- Functions as the customer advocate for Marriott’s LightSpeed PMS application
- Determines and assigns priorities for incidents
- Determines appropriate escalation to Marriott business units or Service Providers
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Technical Specialization — basic understanding of the major technologies in an area of specialization required to perform immediate tasks. Utilizes existing tools and environment to support tasks. Participates in technology evaluations and selections.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, typing, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Irvine, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible