Responsible for the Event Services Department. Manages and leads event service staff and acts as a liaison between Banquets/Catering, Event Technology, Event Planning, Sales and the customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout property events. Promotes consistency by executing events based on catering/event service/food and beverage Standard Operating Procedures. The position ensures the Red Coat Program (MHR) is in place and adhered to by all Event Service Managers. The position is responsible for achieving guest and employee satisfaction and for assisting in managing the financial performance of the department. In addition, the Director of Event Services recognizes opportunities to up-sell and suggests enhancements to create outstanding events.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Services Operations
• Meets with Event Managers to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential problems/conflict.
• Coordinates all projects involving capital resources used by the department.
• Works closely with Director of Catering Operations to ensure successful customer events.
• Ensures leadership is aware of significant groups which may affect property operations.
• Consult s with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Leading Event Services Teams
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the critical few to achieve results.
• Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Introduces ideas to leadership team to enable property to remain competitive.
• Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
• Works directly with major groups when high profile and financial impact will be significant (limited instances).
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
• Communicates and ensures departmental and property emergency procedures are executed when necessary.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Nashville, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible