The Gaylord Marketing Manager is part of an important team that creates and executes property-level communications to our customers. Under the leadership of the Director of Marketing and Creative, this role helps develop and execute strategic communications strategies that promote on-brand messaging to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels. This individual provides innovative content development support and is able to tell effective stories, capture and edit visual content, and write marketing copy for a variety of channels. This role helps build marketing plans targeted campaigns and activate channels to drive consumer awareness and preference, increase market share, and build broader portfolio and brand awareness. They are an effective project manager and able to manage multiple stakeholders with competing demands.
The Gaylord Marketing Manager will work with the property and Gaylord marketing teams to verify all marketing efforts are effectively integrated with the selling efforts for the organization. This role supports a variety of marketing functions – traditional marketing, digital marketing and eCommerce, social media, public relations, and more. They should be prepared to provide both strategic thinking and executional support to marketing strategies. This individual should be prepared to challenge traditional thinking and find new, innovative, strategic ways to reach consumers. Success is measured by how well they help drive the sales and revenue strategy of the property, social media engagement and also by how effectively leverage the resources around them are to create truly compelling marketing and communications campaigns.
Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business, or related major
2-5 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area
Hospitality marketing or digital advertising agency experience preferred.
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful marketing strategies
Experience with content production and/or marketing copy writing.
Strong relationship management and negotiation skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships (e.g. GMs, Sales and Revenue Leaders, Regional Team, media representatives)
Strong problem solving and decision making skills
Knowledge of leisure, group, and business transient hospitality business in defined markets
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Content Marketing Support
Capture original visual content, write and edit marketing copy.
Create and manage content calendars. Plan and execute content distribution through traditional, email, digital, public relations, and social channels.
Support relationships with and management of content production partners, vendors, influencers, etc. to ensure content adheres to brand standards and meets strategic marketing purposes. Manages photo shoots and other productions.
Acts as central point of contact for approved local photographers and videographers. Manages assets and distribution between relevant teams/vendors.
Support storytelling and content strategy for events, food and beverage, wedding, spa, rooms, and conferences.
Support management of social media channels, including community management, content planning/publishing, reporting, and optimization.
- Engages in online reputation management and social media listening by surfacing relevant guest comments and responding accordingly.
Marketing and Advertising
Execute annual marketing plans in consultation with the Gaylord marketing teams, General Manager, Food and Beverage leaders, Operations leaders, and other relevant stakeholders.
Act as liaison between the marketing department and media agencies on tactical creative and media plans. Support delivery and optimization of media assets.
Understand hotel consumers and key audiences. Partner with revenue management and eCommerce team to gather data to shape marketing strategies.
Develop comprehensive, strategic public relations plans and coordinates with appropriate external and internal stakeholders.
Maintain a comprehensive list of local media. Manages assigned relationships and accounts. Surface and vet appropriate leads.
Write and distribute pitches and press releases for property events, promotions, and outlets.
Manage the execution of hotel sponsored events, community/government relations activities, and press promotional activities.
- Verify the news clippings and other online, print, and social media mention report is completed on a monthly basis for property distribution.
Coordinate and executes production and distribution of printed materials. Controls quantity and inventory of all Hotel marketing collateral. Assists in the production of all property materials and signage.
Promote collection of competitor collateral and publicity on a monthly basis.
- Work with Director of Marketing to create marketing plan aligned to hotel sales and revenue strategy. Support execution of this plan.
Manage projects, timelines, and production for marketing campaigns.
Manage allocated budgets and ensures payment of vendors and partners in accordance with finance policy.
Support additional communications duties and functions as deemed necessary.
Work with eCommerce to verify the Hotel’s website and related websites are updated on a regular basis and adhere to appropriate policies.
Provide training and marketing leadership while acting as a subject matter expert for hotel leaders.
Coordinate with property and above property eCommerce and Revenue Management teams to report impact of marketing tactics.
Keep abreast of competition and its collateral, advertising, and marketing efforts and constantly evolving digital and marketing trends.
Understand brand voice, positioning, and strategy. Ensure pull-through of business priorites in all marketing activities.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and verify work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and verifies employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.