Assists the Assistant Director of Catering by providing support to the operation of the catering department. Manages and coordinates catering activities and services to ensure the smooth execution of all conventions, functions and events requiring food and beverage services. Handles more complex groups, high touch groups and ongoing projects.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Conference Operations
• Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
• Applies knowledge of all laws as they relate to an event.
• Understands the impact of banquet operations on the overall success of a conference event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains established sanitation levels.
• Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
• Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Verifies that all banquet event orders (BEO’s) are developed and distributed according to established guidelines.
Participating in and Leading Conference Teams
• Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve staff performance.
• Applies knowledge of food and wine pairings and current trends in cuisine.
• Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of conference events.
Promoting and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kissimmee, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible