Manages all beverage operations and staff on a daily basis. Areas of responsibility include beverage service in the Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. As a department head, directs and works with the food and beverage/culinary management team and employees to successfully execute all beverage operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Beverage Operations and Driving Revenue
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Ensures staff understands local, state and Federal liquor laws.
• Ensures cash control and liquor control procedures are followed by all Restaurant, Bar/Lounge and Room Service employees.
• Implements new concepts and promotions for the restaurant outlets and bar/Lounge.
• Benchmarks the competition and is aware of competitive promotions and strategies.
• Ensures all employees understand and comply with loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
• Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals and manages projects as needed.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, set appropriate expectations and gather critical information to communicate to areas of responsibility.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Ensures self and direct report managers attend appropriate core training classes.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
- Job type
- Aurora, CO, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible