Manages the execution of all aspects of events to include planning, day to day coordination and exit strategies. Serves as meeting planning advocate and liason to all operational departments. Verifies on-site delivery of hotel products and services according to conference group plans resulting in a positive meeting experience. Utilizes software for generation of necessary program. Advises client on current status of events and function. Coordinates any changes necessary. Maintains program knowledge by attending planning meetings, conference calls, reviewing group resumes and banquet event orders (BEO’s) prior to group arrival. Partners with Conference planning team to verify issues are identified and resolved. Attends planning visits, welcome receptions, tie-down meetings, any internal meetings related to security, parking or production. Proactively resolves potential meeting or room set issues. Utilizes available resources to meet client requests or resolve client issues. Verifies that room requirements such as lighting, temperature, AV equipment, and room set meet client expectations.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years in the event management or related professional area.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Event Operations
• Manages the execution of all aspects of events to include planning, day to day coordination and exit strategies.
• Serves as meeting planning advocate and liason to all operational departments.
• Assists with coordination of all convention group plans and catering needs with all required operational departments.
• Verifies on-site delivery of hotel products and services according to conference group plans resulting in a positive meeting experience.
• Utilizes software for generation of necessary program documents to include but not limited to pass on reports, Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s), post convention report and change logs.
• Advises client on current status of events and functions, including items pending and action items. Coordinates any changes necessary.
• Maintains program knowledge by attending planning meetings, conference calls, reviewing group resumes and banquet event orders (BEO’s) prior to group arrival.
• Partners with Conference planning team to verify issues are identified and resolved.
• Attends planning visits, welcome receptions, tie-down meetings, any internal meetings related to security, parking or production.
• Resolves potential meeting or room set issues proactively.
• Utilizes available resources to meet client requests or resolve client issues.
• Verifies that room requirements such as lighting, temperature, AV equipment, and room set meet client expectations.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the client and property operations.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the client experience.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Event Planning - The ability to connect with customers, detail events, upsell products and services, manage multiple customers at a given time, be detailed orientated, understand and have a working knowledge of catering and event management systems.
o Event Services - Have a working knowledge of standards and procedures for proper meeting room and table set-ups, various meeting room and table configurations and the set-up of staging and dance flooring.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Grapevine, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible