Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
Speak with others using clear and professional language, prepare and review written documents accurately and completely, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Placing and receiving all departmental orders in Birch Street
- Updating of prices and order sheets on a weekly basis
- All kitchen charts relating to GFS are created weekly and kept on file for 3 months
- All food supplies not on Birch Street records are kept on file
- Insurance, public liability, HACCP plan and food premises inspections are current and valid – check monthly
- All outside caterers records are current. Check monthly including event sign off sheet, insurance, HACCP, staff list and public liability.
- Process all invoices in line with current company policies
- Notify suppliers of any delivery product issues
- Raise Purchase Orders in line with company policies
- Ensure department has sufficient date labels, date guns and refills for guns
- Place daily food orders
- Place chemical/disposable no food orders
- Check Kronos daily – any timecard relations notify Executive Chef
- Have all current notifications on file or display and ensure they are valid
- File all rail road cleaning schedules
- Notify Executive Chef or deputy of any errors or missing items on temperature charts
- File all takeaway food notices for three months
- Record and track contractors and activities for Kitchen Department
- Ensure all training for department is logged and recorded correctly
- Ensure all agency induction records are stored and completed
- All departmental and relevant hotel meeting minutes are filed for current year
- Ensure vendor chemical log is input with all relevant issues/problems (COSHH)
- Carry out any reasonable request from Head of Department or deputy pertaining to the operation of the department and/or administrative duties concerned with department.
Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Good level of English essential
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Administration & General
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration