Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Apply via Online : http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GRANDPERFORMER&cws=45&rid=5139
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The ADS/C is responsible for overseeing Sales and/r Catering to optimize revenue Opportunities for the property under the guidance and leadership of the Director of Sales and Catering.
As decided by the DSC:
- Group Sales
- Catering Sales
- Event Service Managers
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Lead the revenue process as defined by the DSC assuring that the property is taking the right mix of business to maximize the high demand periods and lay in the base required for the distressed periods.
- Monitor revenue pace of Sales and Catering and lead the Team in meeting and exceeding budgeted revenues.
- Work cooperatively between PR and Marketing to establish strategic gals for attaining budgets.
- Direct, regains and supervise departmental activities including, but not limited t, prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, and preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and representations.
- Direct and develop team members performance with the guidance of the DSC t include, but not limited to, providing supervising and professional development, scheduling, caching and counseling, timely evaluations, improving performance and delivering recognition and reward.
- As required by the DSC, recruit, interview and bard new team members.
- Assist in compiling sales forecasts and budgets, collect and report sales data and manage the department budget.
- Develop target lists and actin plans for account solicitation; assist in assignment and distributing f leads and inquiries.
- Conduct turs f property t meeting planners and there potential customers while informing f all hotel services available; entertain customers in property during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program pertain when appropriate. Complete required site forms t alert the hotel f site turs in advance.
- Direct maintenance f sales files, accounts and additional administrative duties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with competitive set and actively participate in community organizations and professional associations to maintain visibility and market share.
- Excellent knowledge of the hotel's surroundings including the history, culture and pints of interest.
- Qualify incoming leads, send proposals, contracts and addendums when needed to negotiate group business using marketing and sales resources.
- Negotiate guest ram rates, meeting ram rental, function space, and hotel services within approved baking guidelines.
- Establish method of payment, collect initial deposit and/r begin the direct bill application process prior to turnver t Event Services Manager.
- Follow up n outstanding proposals and contracts t effectively close business.
- Process definite contracts and rate information appropriately t the flowing Grand Performers using the turn over process:
- Group Coordinator
- Event Services Manager
- Monthly review and support t team members in creating and achieving quarterly sales gals.
- Analyze competition, market trends and customer needs t continually assess the productivity against established gals and budgets.
- Analyze historical, current and future hotel performance t capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed his/her individual sales gals and sales budget.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel include restaurant, spa, gallery and outlets.
- Track monthly production towards quarterly sales gals set forth by management using required documentation.
- Competently utilizes the required systems/equipment and platforms t effectively evaluate availability, profitability and track the progress of groups from proposal through execution.
- Complete business evaluation process to maximize revenues for rooms with the Revenue Manager. .
- Participate in monthly revenue meetings to stay abreast of strategies and to assist in making decisions for the benefit of the hotel.
- Conduct and participate in weekly department meeting to review group and catering pace, systems reports, company/department updates.
- Actively participate in all sales/patina meetings
- Quarterly travel is required to attend customer events, conducts outside sales calls and participate in trade shows.
- Develops and maintain a working relationship with national franchised brands.
- Knowledge f all Kessler Collection hotels t effectively cross-sell.
- Complete required reporting and documentation.
- Use logic, integrity and sound judgment when making business decisions by considering the big picture, peratinal needs and impact n there departments.
- Participate in weekly staff and group resume meetings with pertains.
- Perform there duties assigned t meet business needs.
- Conduct and participate daily business review meeting with sales team t review current prospects, site turs, and previous day’s business activity.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Associate degree - preferred
- Hospitality r related industry experience - required
- Pervious sales experience required
- Valid Driver™s License required
- Knowledgeable Tp-Accunts for the Hotel - preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA™s):
- Customer Service - Manages difficult r emotinal customer situations; Responds promptly t customer needs; Slicits customer feedback t improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses n solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens t theirs without interrupting; Keeps emotins under control; Remains pen t theirs' ideas and tries new things.
- Real Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well t questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style t meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative slutins; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emtinal topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses wn strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with theirs.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and pinkness t theirs' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes t building a positive team spirit; Puts success f team above win interests; Able to build morale and group commitments t gals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts t succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of theirs; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Flows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and n time; Supports organization’s gals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivating - Sets and achieves challenging gals; Demonstrates persistence and vercmes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks t accomplish gals.
- Planning/organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; organizes r schedules there people and their tasks; Develops realistic actin plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches theirs in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats theirs with respect and consideration regardless of their status r psitin; Accepts responsibility for win actins; Flows through n commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Lks for ways to improve and prmte quality; Applies feedback t improve performance; Minters win work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate actin beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; Changes approach r method t best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, and r unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and n time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments n time.
- Dependability - Flows instructions, responds t management directing; Takes responsibility for win actions; Keeps commitments; Commits t long hours f work when necessary to reach gals; Completes tasks time notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovating - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets theirs' attention.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Charleston, SC, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible