Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GRANDPERFORMER&cws=45&rid=4805
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The overall objective and purpose of the Controller is to function as the hotel's strategic financial business leader by developing and implementing hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the hotel's target guest and property Grand Performers. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the hotel service strategy and initiatives while maximizing the return on investment to the owners by creation and execution of a business plan (annual budget) that is aligned with the hotel and company's business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight time frames while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of accounting software, payroll systems, spreadsheet software and word processing software
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, peers and subordinates
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Charleston, SC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration