Serves food and alcoholic as well as non/alcoholic beverages. Answer menu questions. Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes. Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools. Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks. Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies. Transport supplies to bar set-up area. Wash soiled glassware. Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs. Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment. Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank. Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas. Complete closing duties.
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience in high volume setting
- Bar mixology experience preferred
- Knowledge about different types of coffees and equipment, as well as latte art skills advantageous
- Enthusiastic individuals with motivated and pleasant personality
- Willing to work shifts including mornings and evenings, including weekends and public holidays
See where your journey can take you. At Marriott International, we believe in seizing opportunities and making your own adventure. A world of opportunity pulls up to your bar with every guest you meet – and you never know who might show up next. That big world also extends to our global, diverse family of associates. Like most families, we’re a group of unique individuals who bring different strengths, styles, personalities and interests to the table. And this makes every single day a new discovery. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The impact you’ll make
You are a bright mixologist who is always on the lookout for new beverage trends. When you are behind the bar, you create an energy that is both welcoming and exciting. You take pride in offering our guests a diverse and seasonally-inspired beverage menu, a warm conversation, and helpful suggestions. When you shine, our guests will look forward to relaxing with you after a long day.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
What you’ll do
- Welcome guests
- Attend to tables
- Open and serve wine/champagne
- Prepare garnishes
- Stock ice, glassware and paper supplies
- Set up and maintain cleanliness of bar area
- Process all payment methods and complete cashier reports
What we’re looking for
- Great storytelling skills
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous bartending experience is a big plus.
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
You’re a beverage enthusiast. And with us, you'll get to both refine and showcase your craft of creating cocktails. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we’ll make sure you feel right at home.
- Job type
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration