At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences to each every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren''t just met-they''re exceeded. It''s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It''s a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through: Innovative, Respect, Service-Oriented and Inclusion. Innovative, Hyatt is forward thinking and passionate as we seek new ways to advance in the hospitality industry. Respect, Hyatt associates are inspired by the team''s spirit and camaraderie given to one another. Service-Oriented, Hyatt is customer focused by providing authentic hospitality in every way every time. Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent.
The goal of the Chinese Master Executive Chef is to work directly with The Executive Chef to maintain and improve the standard of authentic Chinese Cuisine within two of our restaurants . The ideal Chinese Master Executive Chef will accomplish this by monitoring the daily functions of the culinary team within these restaurants, which will include providing support and guidance in a way that creates positive guest experiences.
- Support senior leadership by developing and assuming key management responsibilities
- Supervise departmental Sous Chefs performance and provide them council as to the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to Hyatt brand standards
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis ensuring financial performance and control
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Organize and facilitate departmental meetings, training and goals setting
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Experience with training, financial management and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Culinary education and/or appropriate level of on the job training and hotel culinary experience
- Geographic and schedule flexibility preferred
- Job type
- Islands at Old Fort, Nassau, The Bahamas
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration