Hyatt is extremely pleased to prepare the opening for the Grand Hyatt Jeju with a new vision of the Grand Hyatt brand in Jeju, reflective of the island’s unique environment, and providing travelers with our first-class service and hospitality. The hotel will be one of the largest Hyatt hotels with 1,600 rooms, 11 food and beverage outlets, and approximately 1,200 square meters of meeting space, indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center, two spas (Western and Korean) with a total of eight treatment rooms and two kids clubs.
Grand Hyatt Jeju has an exciting and unique career opportunity for an experienced Human Resources leader to join the team as Director of Human Resources. Reporting to the General Manager/Managing Director, this role is an integral part of the Hotel''s Leadership Committee and encompasses a balance of strategic business partner and proactive Human Resources role.
Nurturing a diverse thriving team of HR professionals, the Human Resources function focuses on pre-opening and post-opening HR planning and execution including talent sourcing, learning & development, compensation and total rewards, performance management, career and succession planning, flexible staffing/payroll management, occupational health & safety, corporate social responsibility with a strong focus on attraction, retention and engagement of valued associates so they can deliver on Hyatt’s purpose and ultimate success.
The position will initially be based out of Seoul during the hotel construction period. The successful candidate will join the hotel team in Jeju City, Jeju Island, South Korea, upon completion of construction and prior to the hotel opening.
To be Successful in This Role, You Will Require to Have
- A minimum of five years'' experience in a senior leadership role overseeing Human Resources preferably within the Hospitality / Tourism industry.
- Hotel Opening experience and understanding of South Korea market. Prior management experience in Jeju is a great advantage.
- Relevant studies (Bachelor degree minimum) with focus in Business, Human Resources Management and/or Tourism & Hospitality
- Strong Industrial Relations and Korean labor law knowledge including past liaison with union groups
- Demonstrated leadership ability in achieving and delivering results that align with strategic business goals
- Fluency (read, speak and write) in both Korean and English
- Good knowledge of HRIS (e.g. PeopleSoft, Taleo etc) is a preference
At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of empathy and human connection. We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as unique individuals, to enable us to design and deliver personal experiences. With more than 700 properties in more than 50 countries across six continents, Hyatt brands include: Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Andaz®, Hyatt Centric®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Residence Club® and exhale®.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Saekdal-dong, Seogwipo, South Korea
- Starting in
- As soon as possible