Hyatt Hotels is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 12 premier brands and 652 properties in 53 countries. Our purpose, goal and values are brought to life by our colleagues, whom we refer to as the Hyatt family. The Company's purpose to care for people so they can be their best attracts the best colleagues in the industry.
Expect nothing less than spectacular at Grand Hyatt Melbourne – Melbourne’s most iconic five-star hotel. We are the leaders in providing memorable experiences and pride ourselves on being designers of the extraordinary. We operate in a manner that reflects our passion for living GRAND and as seekers of MORE. We are vivacious, enthusiastic and creative with a goal to spark interest and curiosity across cultures, ways of life and points of view. We are committed to excellence and define our personality as BOLD, WORLDLY and EXTRAORDINARY.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
To be a true 5 star sales lead generator and sales convertor to the hotel sales team, whilst ensuring you remaining a positive and effective Grand Hyatt brand ambassador to both internal and external clients.
You role will be to establish strong relationships and manage a portfolio of high yielding revenue accounts to maximize sales and loyalty for the hotel and identifying, winning and growing new business in line with the hotel’s financial targets. In addition you'll work with the Event Sales Team to maximize profitability and occupancy of the event spaces, ensuring financial targets are achieved with a focus on the strategies of "right business at the right time".
To lead by example and mentor team members to ensure individuals reach their personal and professional Hyatt career ambitions. As a senior leader, through your ability to inspire and motivate others you will encourage a culture of continuous personal work-related improvement. You will own the team’s actions and facilitate learning from the team’s successes and failures. As a leader, you will guide and coach individuals; demonstrate personal expertise and draw on the diverse backgrounds, skills and knowledge of team members and colleagues whilst defining and reinforcing standards and appropriate behaviours.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Proactively manage the business and lead the hotel business development process
- Manage an agreed portfolio of accounts, allocated according to market segment through proactive sales activities
- Be proficient across all hotel revenue streams. To be able to manage, train and guide team members in hotel markets
To ensure your success in this role you will bring:
- Superior communication skills including experience in writing and presenting proposals.
- The ability to exceed set objectives, goals and key performance indicators.
- A strong client focus with the ability to deliver outcomes that exceed business and client expectations.
- A degree in business management or a related discipline with at least three years extensive sales experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ideally you will have worked in a similar role in a large luxury hotel environment and have the ability to manage a diverse group of stakeholders as well as have strong financial and commercial acumen
HOW TO APPLY?
Click the apply for this job button now as life is too short not to aim for amazing, but only if you qualify.
An enclave of all-inclusive abundance awaits you. Let us know why you would like to discover the excite of joining our community.
- Job type
- Bangholme, Australia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract