The Grand Hyatt San Antonio Security Department provides the hotel’s clients and their guests, as well as the employees, an atmosphere of confidence and trust. The Hotel has a legal duty to provide reasonable care for the protection of its guests and their possessions while also maintaining the safety and security of the hotel and its property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform all duties as assigned on a daily basis by the Security Supervisor/Director of Security.
2. Dispatching calls and answering phones requires good communication skills.
3. All staircase and fire exit pathways shall be checked daily to ensure all lights are working. Officers must patrol garage areas outdoors as well as room hallways and activity areas, such as the pool and health club areas, carrying a patrol wand to track their movement.
4. Inspect all storage areas where hazardous materials are stored for safety and properly labeling pursuant to the OSHA Guidelines as recorded in the SDS binder.
5. Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite to enter all incidents and daily security logs, guest incidents.
6. Monitoring of the Fire Alarm Systems & Security Cameras shall be performed during each shift.
7. Monitor the employee entrances and all vendor and laundry deliveries entering and leaving the building.
8. The on duty security officer will politely challenge contractors and strangers who enter the building, ascertain their business, contact the person they wish to visit and, if approved, direct them to that department.
9. Security will issue employment applications for those seeking jobs and direct them to the Grand Hyatt website for the job listings posted. No person is to go directly to Human Resources or any other department without first being announced via phone to that department and then be met at security by the person they are to meet.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma, general education degree. SPO certificate from college and related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A preferred candidate will be able to work all shifts, including overnight.
- Job type
- Downtown, San Antonio, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible