Senior Chef de Partie – Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, Channel Islands
Are you a skilled Chef de Partie looking for your next challenge? We have an opportunity for a Senior Chef de Partie to join Nicolas Valmanga's brigade at the 5 Star Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa.
All of our hotels are individual in their own way, just like our Chefs. Whether it’s filleting or frying, you’ll know your way around a kitchen like the back of your hand and have a mind full of delicious creations ready to wow our guests.
You’ll enjoy being part of a team and love the fact that no day is the same. The candidate we’re looking for will be able to sauté, sear and stew their way to culinary excellence, and have guests sending their ‘compliments to the Chef’ and coming back for more. Sound tempting?
* Please note that this role is within the main kitchen at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa (not for Tassili Restaurant).
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary - all our Chefs are paid hourly and work 45 hours per week, with any overtime paid
• Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
• 29 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
• Live in accommodation charged at just £65 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• Stunning beach front location in the town of St Helier
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• You’ll have previous experience in a similar environment and role
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• Your knowledge of food and technical skills will be outstanding
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have an approachable, positive and proactive manner
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Hand Picked Hotels
At Hand Picked Hotels, we like to shape and develop long-lasting careers with opportunities for promotion for current team members as well as welcoming new talent to join our teams.
We are looking for Attentive, Natural, Charming & Creative Hospitality professionals to join our Hand Picked Team
One of our core values is family and we believe that being passionate about what we do is key to our great working atmosphere. Our valued team members are hard-working and committed, offering attentive, charming and natural service to allow our guests to feel indulged, at home, captivated and inspired during and after their stay... and they have a lot of fun in the process too!
You make it Hand Picked!