A Bar Porter will assist wait staff and bartenders in expediting food, opening & closing bar duties, stocking the bar stations to par levels of liquor bottles and glassware and becoming completely familiar with the liquors and beers sold in the bar.
What will I be doing?
A Bar Porter will assist wait staff and bartenders in expediting food, opening & closing bar duties, stocking the bar stations to par levels of liquor bottles and glassware and becoming completely familiar with the liquors and beers sold in the bar. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Stock ice, beer, wine, and liquor.
- Delivers food from kitchen to guests
- Washes and restocks glassware
- Stocks beer and liquor from storage room
- Prepare fruit garnishes, i.e. lemons, limes, oranges.
What are we looking for?
- Previous bartending or barback experience preferred
- Previous restaurant and/or hospitality experience preferred
- Maui Liquor Card and TB clearance required
- Open availability to work varying shifts, Mon.-Sun.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Willingness to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with Grand Wailea''s grooming standards
- Due to the immediate nature of this opening, only applicants currently residing in the state of Hawaii will be considered; no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship available
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be knowledgeable in preparation and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to ensure proper delivery amounts and understand portion sizes.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, tap kegs and extend arms overhead to stock items.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient for the employee to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to work and stand in confined spaces.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 300 lbs., at a continuous schedule and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or transport goods weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate a motorized delivery cart on and around property.
- Ability to perform duties within temperature ranges, from normal to refrigerated.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Kihei, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible