A Bartender is responsible for serving beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely and manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. Also, to prepare beverages for other servers to supply to guests, and act as cashier for the lounge. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks suing standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control. Check guests for proper identification. Detect and act upon guest inebriation as trained. Demonstrate knowledge of liquor laws.
- Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest and personnel guests, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
- Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
- Locks up and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
What are we looking for?
High School diploma or equivalent preferred
1 year bartending work experience required. Guest relations/service experience preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Maui Liquor Card (Must be 21 years of age or older), TB clearance
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available)
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be knowledgeable in preparation and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to ensure proper delivery amounts and understand portion sizes.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, tap kegs and extend arms overhead to stock items.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient for the employee to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kihei, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible