What will I be doing?
A Cocktail Server is responsible for the service of beverage and/or food in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Checks and maintains proper set-up and cleanliness of service station before, during and after shift.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains all specials, promotions and snacks.
- Takes orders, reciting selection of all call and premium brands as requested; requires memorization of all available drinks.
- Inputs orders into point of sale system to inform bartender an order was made in a timely order.
- Replenishes beverages as requested, frequently checking back with guest to inquire about satisfaction.
- Present the guest with the check promptly, thanking them and inviting them to return.
- Minimum 6 months of serving experience at a full service restaurant or hotel required
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have open availability to work any day or shift
- Prior Hospitality experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to obtain Maui Liquor Card and TB Clearance
- Willingness to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with Grand Wailea''s grooming standards
- Due to the immediate nature of this opening, only applicants who are currently residing in the state of Hawaii will be considered. No relocation or visa sponsorship is available.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, serviceware and menu items.
- Ability to read, sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, speak and write the English language to communicate with the guest, and take orders
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 10 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment such as a blender.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and learn point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Kihei, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible