A Cook 4 - Banquets is responsible for preparing salads, fruits, dressings, cold meats, fish items, canapés, cold hors d''oeuvres, appetizers and other cold dishes according to Hilton''s high standards of quality.
What will I be doing?
A Cook 4 - Banquets is responsible for preparing salads, fruits, dressings, cold meats, fish items, canapés, cold hors d''oeuvres, appetizers and other cold dishes according to Hilton''s high standards of quality. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes or, as otherwise specified by supervisor, to ensure consistency of product to the guest; requires transportation of heavy food products
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, especially on all fresh produce, checking on portion control, to maintain quality product.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas clean, working condition in order to comply with Health Department regulations
- Ensures that all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition to comply with Health Department regulations
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items. Reads and employs math skills for following recipes. Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in workstation
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School graduate or equivalent required. Culinary or pastry apprenticeship preferred. National Servsafe or State Board of Health Food Handling Certification preferred.
Food preparation experience in a hotel or restaurant environment preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
State of Hawaii TB Test
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of fundamentals of food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurement, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write and speak English language in order to complete requisitions read recipes and communicates with other team members.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slices, etc.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Kihei, HI, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible