Expedites guest checks to the culinary staff in the kitchen, checks ticket times, garnishes and inspects product. Returns items to wait staff as needed to ensure guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
As an Expeditor, you would be responsible for processing and expediting guest food orders to ensure timely delivery of meals in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Process and expedite guest orders to the culinary team in the kitchen to ensure timely delivery of meals
- Check ticket times and conduct follow-up
- Garnish and inspect products prior to delivery to the guest
- Maintains cleanliness and stock of work area/outlet
- Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships
- Minimum 6 months of food and beverage experience
- Restaurant or hotel experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Open availability to work any day or shift during restaurant operating hours of 10am-5pm.
- TB clearance required
- Ability to obtain Maui Liquor Card preferred
- Willingness to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with Grand Wailea''s grooming standards
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Due to the immediate nature of this opening, candidates must currently reside in the state of Hawaii; no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship is available
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to grasp, carry and or lift supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform duties in a confined work space, standing for long periods of time and in extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to make quick and accurate decisions sometimes under stress.
- Must have a full use of senses of hearing, taste, smell, touch and sight in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Kihei, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration