An Art Consultant is responsible for promoting and selling merchandise to clients in the art gallery using a variety of sales techniques. Able to identify the needs of the clients and maintain lasting relationships with the clients.
What will I be doing?
An Art Consultant is responsible for promoting and selling merchandise to clients in the art gallery using a variety of sales techniques. Able to identify the needs of the clients and maintain lasting relationships with the clients Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greets clients in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Identifies the needs of the clients offering the best solution to fit their needs. Educate clients about the merchandise. Responds to any questions about the merchandise and hotel services. Assist clients with their purchases. Sending out certificates of authenticity and updating appraisals of works of art client acquired from Napua Gallery.
- Contact potential and present clients by making sales calls. Keep records of all interactions with clients. Maintains contact and build lasting relationships with clients. Monitor the clients'' preferences.
- Handles cash, processes refunds, exchanges, charges to credit cards and rooms.
- Completes daily shift deposits and reports and other opening or closing duties.
- Assists with the inventory by stocking merchandise as they are delivered. Assists in inventory counts and controls as needed.
- Packs orders to be shipped.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the art gallery by straightening items and dusting.
- Assist in the hanging and lighting of the art gallery.
- Prior cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external clients, some of whom will require high levels of tact, diplomacy and patience to defuse anger, collect information and resolve conflicts.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to perform moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to creatively and innovatively think of new sales techniques.
- Ability to access and input information using a moderately complex computer system and/or cash register.
- Ability to meet or exceed sales quotas.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kihei, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible