A Cashier/Ordertaker is responsible for answering room service telephone and taking guest orders accurately in a helpful, friendly, courteous and professional manner to ensure total guest satisfaction. Upsells sides, desserts and beverages to enhance profitability. Enters order into computerized system and settles check upon delivery of the order.
What will I be doing?
A Cashier/Ordertaker is responsible for answering room service telephone and taking guest orders accurately in a helpful, friendly, courteous and professional manner to ensure total guest satisfaction. Upsells sides, desserts and beverages to enhance profitability. Enters order into computerized system and settles check upon delivery of the order. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Promptly answer Room Service calls, announce any specials, promote menu items and answer questions regarding preparation methods.
- Document orders, repeat items back to callers to ensure accuracy and quote expected arrival time with speed and accuracy.
- Immediately input order information into point of sale system, allowing kitchen staff to begin preparation; note any special requests clearly. Give food server hard copy of check to be delivered with order
- Processes payment for orders upon return of the Room Service Server.
- Complies with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management. Maintains house bank in accordance with policy
- Answer calls for pick-up of trays and/or tables and direct buspersons to retrieve items.
- Respond to guest complaints in a positive manner, negotiate a compromise and implement solution.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Previous customer service, telephone and cashiering experience preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations and service standards.
- Knowledge of all menu items and accompaniments.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate preparation methods, ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to operate a keyboard to input Point of Sale procedures to pre-check, input order and close out the check
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kihei, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible