Functions as the primary strategic business leader of a full-service property and responsible for the leadership and management of properties within a designated region. As General Manager of the property, responsible for all aspects of the operation, including guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to both Marriott International and ownership. Leads the leadership team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. In addition, the General Manager builds relationships with key customers through personal involvement in the sales process. The position ensures Marriott International sales engines are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand. Position serves as the principal interface with property ownership and establishes relationship as a business partnership. Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results. Responsible for the overall performance of managed properties within a region and oversees all activities associated with the pre-opening processes for new build units. Works in close partnership with the General Managers of each unit and provides leadership, resources and influence for the overall performance of the properties. In addition, the position is responsible for sales and revenue generation for all units within the region.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Operations and Department Teams
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process.
• Identifies leadership management on the property.
• Inspires and motivates team to achieve operational excellence.
• Creates a synergistic leadership team and business environment that consistently delivers positive results and continuously strives to improve these results.
Managing and Sustain Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Develops deployment strategies to market property in order to continue to grow market share.
• Supports the sales strategy by encouraging leadership team to develop effective revenue management strategies.
• Ensures focus is on proactive selling as well as reactive selling.
• Reviews the STAR report, competitive shopping reports and using other resources to maintain an awareness of the property’s market position.
Managing Responsibilities with Property Stakeholders
• Assists with building and maintaining the owner relationship as a business partnership while maintaining the General Manager’s position as the point person for the owner.
• Manages an effective balance between the owner's interests and Marriott International's interests.
• Understands the owners' perspective and ROI expectations.
• Identifies key drivers of business success and keeping the team focused on the critical few to achieve results.
• Reviews sales goals and strategies to ensure alignment with the brand business strategy and proper pricing and positioning of the property in the market.
• Champions change in order to insure property is profitable.
Maintaining Revenue Management Goals
• Supports the property General Manager(s) in executing the sales and revenue management activities to maximize performance.
• Ensures above property sales and revenue engines are leveraged to drive RevPAR improvement year over year.
• Oversees the alignment of revenue strategies amongst the area properties.
• Ensures capital expenditure funds are being used to address the priorities outlined in the brand business strategy.
Managing Property Operations
• Holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Utilizes an “open door” policy.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding property goals to produce desired results.
• Fosters associate commitment to providing excellent service.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Hires executive committee team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Creates appropriate development plans based on individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
- Job type
- Orlando, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible