· To receive and check deliveries against purchase orders to ensure correct delivery of items.
· To ensure appropriate checks of food delivers to ascertain quality, quantity and accurate products are received.
· To deliver food products on timely basis to Kitchen Units and all outlets.
· Previous experience in a goods receiving environment advantageous
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) towards internal & external customers
· Good team player
· Ability to work proactively in a very busy environment
· Knowledge & appreciation of food products desirable
Education or Certification
· Good level of written/spoken English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Ensure all goods received by the Loading Bay are of the correct quality, quantity and description as per Purchase Order
· Ensure all Delivery Notes are signed and time stamped by receiver and delivery temperature recorded as appropriate, and copies are forwarded to the chefs.
· To record any damaged goods received on Delivery Note and report to Loading Bay Supervisor.
· To notify, or deliver goods received to the various departments as appropriate.
· To ensure relevant procedures are carried out at all times in relation to Health & Safety, Hygiene, Security, Fire & Emergencies procedures and regulations.
· To ensure that the Loading Bay is kept clean, tidy and in hygienic conditions at all times.
· To use necessary safety equipment and clothing at all times, and ensure uniforms are up to a hygienic standard.
· To ensure hotel equipment is used with the appropriate care, to minimise damage and breakdowns.
· To collect used pallets throughout the basement areas to prepare for collection by suppliers.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Purchasing, Administration & General, F&B kitchen, F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
JW Marriott Grosvenor House London
The hotel boasts 496 luxurious guest rooms including 73 suites, and offers a wide array of culinary experiences, from elegant, award-winning afternoon tea or a glass of Champagne in The Park Room to an evening cognac at the The Library Bar. For a fantastic dinner, JW Steakhouse embodies the hotel’s historical American connections, allowing guests to indulge in London’s finest steaks in a classic American steak house setting. For a more traditional British setting, enjoy a delicious international meal at Corrigan’s Mayfair. For a drink, enjoy one of the many Bourbons on offer at the Bourbon Bar or experience the famous Red Bar and its unique cocktails.
Near to everything, convenient for everyone, the hotel has an unrivaled range of entertaining space. With 20 meeting rooms in 86 Park Lane including the famous Great Room and the Ballroom, totaling 5,660 square meters, it is one of the most flexible and elegant venues in London for a business or social event, whether entertaining on the grandest scale or working one to one.