food and beverage service to guests in all types of banquet functions (Events,
Weddings, Conferences, Meetings etc.) including setting up and clearing of
dining tables and buffets. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of all
banquet equipment and meeting space.
• Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers;
• Be able to clearly express oneself verbally in the English Language using good grammar, vocabulary and a friendly voice, as well as excellent body language and eye contact;
• Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age;
• Demonstrate a neat, professional appearance, outgoing personality, a ready smile and a willingness to assist others.
• Serve meals, beverages, coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions, as assigned, following standard policies and procedures;
• Explain to guests as requested the menu, major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served;
• Maintain cleanliness standards during service;
• Assist in setting up and/or breaking down banquet spaces or other special food service tables, stations and equipment, as needed;
• Prepare and serve drinks;
• Service/freshen all meeting rooms as required.
• A competitive salary and benefits package;
• A ground floor opportunity to join a dynamic Events team in an interesting and challenging environment.
Playing host to the Pride of Britain, BAFTA, Mercury Music Awards, Crime Thriller Awards and many others, JW Marriott Grosvenor House on London’s impressive Park Lane, is the only place to be this season…
Frequented by royalty, celebrities and business leaders since its opening in 1928, we have Europe's largest ballroom, with a capacity for over 2000 guests. The historic Grosvenor House Great Room is the London venue for the most prestigious of Award Ceremonies, Weddings, Concerts and Events, providing exceptional style, service and facilities expected from a 5-star luxury hotel in London.
To ensure we continue to offer our guests a great service, we are looking for fabulous people to join our Banqueting team. Your skill set does not matter to us as long as you are enthusiastic and energetic with excellent personal presentation; we can give you the skills to deliver outstanding customer service ensuring our guests have a memorable experience. Shifts are 3 hours+ with flexible work around evenings and weekends.
If you have driven and a genuine passion for hospitality and delivering outstanding service we would love to hear from you! This is a busy, fast paced environment with short and long term opportunities within a Marriott Hotel.
International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse
workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not
discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
JW Marriott Grosvenor House London
The hotel boasts 496 luxurious guest rooms including 73 suites, and offers a wide array of culinary experiences, from elegant, award-winning afternoon tea or a glass of Champagne in The Park Room to an evening cognac at the The Library Bar. For a fantastic dinner, JW Steakhouse embodies the hotel’s historical American connections, allowing guests to indulge in London’s finest steaks in a classic American steak house setting. For a more traditional British setting, enjoy a delicious international meal at Corrigan’s Mayfair. For a drink, enjoy one of the many Bourbons on offer at the Bourbon Bar or experience the famous Red Bar and its unique cocktails.
Near to everything, convenient for everyone, the hotel has an unrivaled range of entertaining space. With 20 meeting rooms in 86 Park Lane including the famous Great Room and the Ballroom, totaling 5,660 square meters, it is one of the most flexible and elegant venues in London for a business or social event, whether entertaining on the grandest scale or working one to one.