Grosvenor House Suites is the newest luxury establishment on Park Lane, offering residences that combine the best of five star service with the privacy and discretion of having one’s own Mayfair property. Managed by Jumeirah Living, the 130 fully equipped serviced Suites range from studios to 1, 2, 3 bedroom Suites, 4 London Suites and 4 super luxury Penthouses; of which one being the 5-bedroom Grosvenor Penthouse, offering truly personalised touches for effortless living. Whether for short, mid-term or extended stays, Grosvenor House Suites feature cutting-edge technology, sumptuous finishes and contemporary design to provide guests and residents with the exceptional, world-class luxury service for which Jumeirah is renowned, in a home away from home.
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
About the role
We are now recruiting for a Security Officer to join our Safety & Security Team. As a Security Officer you will be working under the guidance and supervision of Safety & Security Manager, the objective of the Security Officer will be to apply Security and Safety measures which will include the wellbeing of the guests, colleagues and Company assets, according to the agreed Policies of the company and the procedures and objectives as set out by the Safety & Security Manager.
Other duties will be as follows:
· Security Officers are responsible for the supervision of External Contract Security Officers situated in the back of house staff entrance and oversee the supervision of the goods bay, security office and the duties therein.
· Officers work and communicate with the Duty Managers in order to protect, colleagues and guests by observing and reporting any suspicious activities for follow up action.
· Carry out patrols, Supervise access, key and CCTV controls.
· To respond immediately and investigate all Fire Alarm activations in accordance with the Fire & Emergency Plans and procedures with regard to fire.
· To report and investigate all reported thefts and criminal offences in or affecting the hotels and during this tour of duty.
· Record and complete all relevant incidents reports, including operational issues before going off duty.
· To assist in enquiries from the Civil Police or other government departments and law enforcement agencies.
· To respond to any reasonable request made by the Duty Manager and assist them wherever necessary.
· To assess and report potential loss situations in the hotel in order that accidental profit loss may be prevented.
· To assess and report potential safety hazards in order that remedial action may be taken.
· To ensure the secure handling of all cash movements throughout the hotel.
· To assist in the supervision and application of the key control system for all rooms, departments, floats and master keys.
· To enforce the ‘PASS OUT' procedure and to carry out random checks and searches on colleagues and contractors, entering and leaving the building.
· To assist in enquiries from the police, Government Departments and Law Enforcement Agencies in the absence of the Director of Security or Supervisor
· To be familiar with the Anti-terrorist and Bomb Threat procedures and be confident in the operation of supervising and controlling the situation in the event of an emergency.
· To render prompt assistance in the event of any other emergency.
· To identify and remove any undesirable who may be seen to be of detriment to the hotel.
· Record and complete all relevant incidents reports, including operational issues before going off duty
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
· Must have SIA Licenced
· First aid certificate (desirable)
· 4-5 Star Hotel security officer experience
· Certified Security training
· Knowledge of Security systems
· Knowledge of CCTV
· Knowledge of Fire fighting and evacuation
· Ability to handle a ‘Crisis' situation
· To be able to multi task in a calm and professional manner
· You are self-disciplined, organized and have meticulous grooming standards
· You have a welcoming person and who can understand guest needs and resolve complaints and issue effectively
· Computer literate
· You are a strong communicator with excellent written skills, but understand diplomacy
· Confident and personable.
The shift pattern is 2 days, 2 nights on and 4 days off (12 hour shift)
The successful candidate will have immaculate standards of presentation and possess an excellent command of the English language with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
To join our team you will need to enjoy guest contact and have a natural ability to serve and delight them; delivering the wow factor effortlessly and maintaining the Jumeirah "Stay Different" brand at all times.
Personality is the key to all our roles, as is a genuine passion for world class personalised service. We look for people who are confident, willing to multi task and undertake duties outside of the normal job description, are easy to be around and can really contribute to shaping this new era of Jumeirah living.
If these sounds like you and you are passionate about providing thoughtful and generous service to guests, are ambitious, hardworking and take a genuine interest in people, we would like to hear from you.
About the benefitsJumeirah believes in paying the best for the best and so an attractive salary plus benefits is offered for the positions.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Security, Other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living
130 suites from studios through to one, two, three and four bedroom suites as well as four, four and five bedroom Penthouses are the epitome of British design chic, where home is nothing less than an elegant and refined experience.
No detail has been spared in the appointment of these magnificent contemporary residences. From daily maid service to state of the art technology and 24 hour Concierge, these stylish suites feature everything that you would expect from luxury five star services, yet personalised to your individual requirements.