Entry level management position that leads the conference and banquet staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Responsible for managing financial and administrative duties.
Core Work Activities
Supporting Management of Department Operations and Inventories
Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and associates.
Maintains attendance log for banquet associates.
Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
Ensures associate awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
Orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
Uses banquet beverage “Use” records to guide banquet beverage supervisor in controlling liquor costs, managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory and requisitioning liquor.
Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental).
Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine, and overall event presentation.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
Strives to improve service performance.
Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
Interviews and hires Banquet captains and associates with appropriate skills.
Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
· Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
· Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Banquets - Have a working knowledge of service standards, procedures and techniques for executing banquet event orders to include banquet /meeting room set up and strike, banquet design, and banquet beverage set-up and controls.
o Event Services - Have a working knowledge of standards and procedures for proper meeting room and table set-ups, various meeting room and table configurations and the set-up of staging and dance flooring.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Ware, United Kingdom
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration